we all going on the same weekend......

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
...... arent we???

As Malaprop has so delicately pointed out on another thread, the description of this forum on the front page is "a Cherbourg cruise on the last weekend in September."

This is of course the 29th and 30th September, whereas we are planning for next weekend, ie 22nd and 23rd.

Just wanted to be sure we won't be alone !!

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Well I'm going the same weekend as you.
Now on Friday 21st I suggest we forego the finest french cuisine and find a bar showing the France/Ireland match. Any takers?

fireball

Visit site
I shall be leaving UK waters on the 21st and not returning until the 23rd ... (I hope!) ... I don't read the description of any forum - judging by the content of other forums - others don't read it either!

graham

Visit site
Probably best if you nick and i all go on the same weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pub with Rugby showing sounds a good idea. SWMBO and I going to Wales v Australia on Saturday .

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Sadly, not going at all, now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif (Stugeron Steve has had to withdraw Two J's from the running).

Anyone Solent-based got a spare berth?

Mobo owner at the moment but I'm a reasonably competent raggie crew member (ask Steve for the gory details), have done the Cherbourg trip twice with him and have also recently skippered a SO 35 in a flotilla round the challenging waters of, erm, the Aegean.

Slightly cavalier way with tomato soup but I have all my own teeth and I wash occasionally. We were planning to do St Vaast and Yarmouth, so I have Thursday through to Monday blocked out in my diary.

jhr

Many thanks to Andrew (Fireball) for his kind offer of a place.

Unfortunately I won't be able to take him up on it, having just committed myself to something else in the mistaken belief that I wouldn't be able to get a berth.

Have a great time, everyone. Hope to see you next year.

fireball

Visit site
What you really mean is that you're too concerned that you'll have to buy a proper saily boat after experiencing mine ... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jhr

There is some truth in this! Part of the reason for our summer excursion was to see if Mrs jhr and the kids were amenable to being blown around by the wind, rather than blasted around by hydrocarbons.

The general answer seems to be a qualified "yes", so we may yet end up with the great unwashed, rather than the Blazer and G&T Brigade /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.