Waverly at Dorus Mor on Easter Sunday

ctva

Visit site
Missed it as I had my head down a locker in the Crinan Canal! Though I did see the Hebridean Princess in Loch Crinan today.

SHUG

Visit site
Its great to see Waverly in "home" waters. Many times I have been down below and felt the distinctive beat of the engines and paddles. Pop up and there she is!!!!!
Great shots!

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Another Scottish old lady

A long way from her home waters though. She's the Romola, built at Leith in the very early 1900s. Now based in Antibes, photographed here in Corsica in 2006.

Can't say I'm much of a mobo fan but this one is very special.

P1010457.jpg

Sans Bateau

Visit site
A long way from her home waters though. She's the Romola, built at Leith in the very early 1900s. Now based in Antibes, photographed here in Corsica in 2006.

Can't say I'm much of a mobo fan but this one is very special.

P1010457.jpg

If shes coming alongside, thats a very economic deployment of fenders. But yes I agree, whatever your chosen type of boat, you cant say that is anything except very lovely.

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Its great to see Waverly in "home" waters. Many times I have been down below and felt the distinctive beat of the engines and paddles. Pop up and there she is!!!!!
Great shots!

Nice pictures - thanks.

Shame that she is now really struggling for funding and could go under.

The cost of fuel and poor weather has hit hard.

You can hear a BBC Radio Scotland interview on http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00gf7kr

I will definitely be supporting her with a family trip this year.

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
Shame that she is now really struggling for funding and could go under.

No! That must not be allowed to happen.

Trips are awful expensive now. I'm planning to use the Waverley to get to Jumblie when ever possible, but a straightforward doon-the-watter from Glasgow to Rothesay is £27, compared with £14.65 to go to Wemyss Bay and take the ferry.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
If shes coming alongside, thats a very economic deployment of fenders. But yes I agree, whatever your chosen type of boat, you cant say that is anything except very lovely.

At that stage they were beginning to turn in order to anchor and berth stern-to close to where I am standing. This took them best part of 15 minutes. Only three aboard, by the time they arrived they had more out.

gardenshed

Visit site
Typical motorboat - fenders out regardless. The same goes for the floating shed behind her.

Romola lay on a mooring in Dunstaffnage for many years before being rescued by an Architect who is based in Edinburgh. The trip round to Leith where the restoration took place was an adventure in itself, but just the start of a long, painstaking and intersting transformation from wreck to beauty. A tribute to those that made the effort.

Ubergeekian

Me: Castle Douglas, SW Scotland. Boats: Kirkcudbri
www.drmegaphone.com
Romola lay on a mooring in Dunstaffnage for many years before being rescued by an Architect who is based in Edinburgh. The trip round to Leith where the restoration took place was an adventure in itself, but just the start of a long, painstaking and intersting transformation from wreck to beauty. A tribute to those that made the effort.

She is very beautiful indeed.