Watchet

Sneds

Visit site
Just checked their web site and learned it will cost me £30 to stay one night, 36ft boat

I know that includes leccy but the price of a takeaway for two for one night seems a bit expensive, praps just cruise down that way and then back to Cardiff to spend the money saved on an Indian?

Shame as we like visiting Watchet, last there in September, don’t remember paying that much?

Seastoke

Visit site
Just checked their web site and learned it will cost me £30 to stay one night, 36ft boat

I know that includes leccy but the price of a takeaway for two for one night seems a bit expensive, praps just cruise down that way and then back to Cardiff to spend the money saved on an Indian?

Shame as we like visiting Watchet, last there in September, don’t remember paying that much?
Who paid for the dredging.

solitaire11

Visit site
Portishead/cardiff and most places in the channel are equal if not more than that? Are you never going to stay away a night from your home berth again?

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Guess that if one intends to take a Night in the Watchet Harbour at their price better to make sure one catches the rising tide to depart on time befor it amounts to 2 nights there ? {:))#

Sneds

Visit site
ha ha good advice!

I have checked around and it does seem to be the going rate, guess I’m a bit out of touch!
As Boatfolk customers we stayed for free in Penarth and after paying the licence fee we stayed for free when travelling up to Gloucester and beyond.
I guess I’ll have to get used to paying again now Watchet is back in the game. Stayed there last Sept, first time in a few years and it still has it’s charm.

38mess

Visit site
I think I paid around £18 a night around 20 years ago for a 26 footer, so I guess the increase is about right. So £30 for a 36 footer is not bad. Got locked in the toilet block in the middle of the night for good measure ?.

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
Or of course there is Mermaid Quay, not as pretty but much cheaper.

As I am now used to paying about £18 in Fowey or a bit less on the Yealm, Watchet prices will not tempt me back to the Bristol Channel

Birdseye

Visit site
I think I paid around £18 a night around 20 years ago for a 26 footer, so I guess the increase is about right. So £30 for a 36 footer is not bad. Got locked in the toilet block in the middle of the night for good measure ?.
I am in Watchet now and have just paid pounds 23 for a 29 footer

Birdseye

Visit site
Had a cracking sail back to Cardiff today. Bright sunshine, reasonably flat sea, wind of 10kn rising to15 from a direcation that allowed me to nicely lay the Ranie. All went great until I got to the Ranie / Lavernock just after the tide had changed , the wind got up to 20kn apparent from about 150deg and with waves underneath, the boat rounded up.

But all in all, one of the sails that you remember when winter comes.

I didnt float free of the mud at Watchet until 1 hr before HW

P.S. Food at the Star was OK but nothing to write home to mum about. There is an excellent small deli just after you turn left if going to the Co op. Not the first deli but the second one. Nice pies. Friendly staff.

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
just returning from Brittany. The most we were ever charged in fancy marina was €27 for a 8.5mtre boat. Places similar to Watchet charged 15 or 18. Which is about £13 to 16. I am not sure who is robbing us in the UK but I can see the losses from my wallet