Watchet Carnival

PCUK

Visit site
Anyone coming to Watchet for the carnival weekend?
If so be warned that as part of the councils planned destruction of the town with the six storey glass and steel abomination on the east quay, the carnival can no longer be based on the east quay as this is now designated a 'development' area. The carnival this year is in a field a mile outside the town!!!

bluedragon

Visit site
The info I got last week was that the Carnival procession and other activities were still in the town, but the music was in this field. Having not been before, but thinking of coming over this year, does this mean it'll be a bit of a damp squib being split in this way?

PCUK

Visit site
I think so. Previously all the activity was on the East quay, bands, fun fair etc, right next to the marina with all the pubs and restaurants a few minutes walk away. The carnival procession on the Sunday will still be through the town the but the evening entertainment and funfair, won't be.
Come along anyway and enjoy the ambience of the marina and town. We're quite a friendly an unpretentious bunch!

graham

Visit site
Also noticed its on the same weekend as the Bristol Harbour festival(28/29 July) We cant do either as I am working that weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Watchet Carnival
map1.jpg

DAVIDO

Visit site
Will miss it this year sadly,going on hols for a week on Monday. Had a great time year before last and yes you are a friendly bunch weve always been made most welcome. Have a good time hope it goes well and the sun shines. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sneds

Visit site
and the sun shines.

....if it does please could you send some up to Bristol? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bluedragon

Visit site
It's actually looking OK for next weekend (fingers crossed). With a bit of luck we'll be starting our third attempt to go somewhere a bit further than the mouth of the Bristol Channel...and will start with the Watchet carnival. So here's hoping /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Bit silly clashing with Bristol festival i reckon... see you in Bristol then. Just prepping & sewing the rain covers (well she is!) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Don't forget your brolly /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Look on the bright side, catch some rain drops, freeze them, and pop them n your drink!

bluedragon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Do we need to book a berth or is there likely to be plenty of space? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually my optimistic weather forecast is going downhill and with Bristol competing for the Cardiff boats, and the festival site split, I suspect there won't actually be all that many visitors this year. I'm not sure they take bookings anyway. There's plenty of capacity on the visitors pontoon if rafted.