washing rope??

camargue

Visit site
Have you got any idea of the best way to clean, and soften rope. I went down the boat the other day and found that my front line was stiff, and wouldn't bend or coil.

What's the best way to soften it up?

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimi

Visit site
...in the bath with Lux flakes.

<hr width=100% size=1>
sailboat_e0.gif

Nick2

Visit site
Just done it....... first jet wash the rope and then put into a pillowcase then place in washing machine with plenty of fabric conditioner - switch on - watch it going round and round and then voila .......lovely and clean soft ropes- my nasty green ones came up like new.

Nick

<hr width=100% size=1>

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Ha, Ha. Bet you've got one of those nylon ones that look great when you buy them. Then after a while, cant do a bloody thing with them. I still have one. Luckily the other one broke so I could sling it away. Washing helps a little bit. Try jimmys Lux. It's probably your best chance. Less SWMBO will lend you the washing machine................/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

Observer

Visit site
Any of suggestions above. Washing machaine is easier but beware if diesel spillage on ropes. A friend stuffed a diesel contaminated rope in the m/c and subsequent household laundry has a faint dut definite diesel waft. SWMBO not best pleased.

<hr width=100% size=1>

joanne2

Visit site
No that's not quite what you did is it Nicholas?!?!?!?!?!?

He bought ropes home from boat in carrier bag, left them in the garage for five months, two days before needed says to me ' Joanne can you wash the ropes'. I put yucky old green ropes into my lovely new washing machine (not in pillow case -not going to chance ruining any of my lovely bedding) loads of Fairy powder and Lenor Summer fresh. Did this twice and they came out lovely and clean and soft.

Joanne

<hr width=100% size=1>

Observer

Visit site
Blimey.

Do you two occupy separate computers and communicate by internet/e-mail/chat rooms? Why dontcha just shout down the stairs? Anyway, you shouldn't be on 'ere at this time. Got the girls to bed yet?

(Thanks for last night!!)

<hr width=100% size=1>

Other threads that may be of interest