Warrior 35 on ebay

Spuddy

Visit site

bedouin

Visit site
Odd to see a boat advertised that doesn't even mention an engine (unless I missed it) - and no interior photos!

Tranona

Visit site
Odd to see a boat advertised that doesn't even mention an engine (unless I missed it) - and no interior photos!

That is because it does not have one and if you read the blurb in the ad the owner has even forgotten what it was. There is no interior, it is all in pieces in Coventry! His description is pretty detailed but he has not seen his boat since the autumn so can't confirm current condition. Looks like another failed dream, but for the right person who hankers after that style of boat and has the skills and commitment, could be a good buy. Many of these boats were home completed from a kit far more basic than is on offer here. However, probably looking at £20-30k to finish it.

Tin Tin

Visit site
However, probably looking at £20-30k to finish it.

Unless you can/are willing to complete the refit without requiring any outside, professional assistance that figure seems somewhat optimistic.
New engine and sails alone will set you back the better part of 10K.

When it comes to refitting an older boat there is only one rule: it costs more and takes longer than you estimate.
(don't ask me how I know)

Tranona

Visit site
Unless you can/are willing to complete the refit without requiring any outside, professional assistance that figure seems somewhat optimistic.
New engine and sails alone will set you back the better part of 10K.

When it comes to refitting an older boat there is only one rule: it costs more and takes longer than you estimate.
(don't ask me how I know)

Interesting that the guy selling it had a lot of work done by paid professionals.

Of course costs can run away with you but reading the list of what comes with the boat and the structural work done not sure my guess is over optimistic for materials alone and assuming the new owner is competent and has a couple of years spare in his life.

My enthusiasm is based on the potential - it just looks so much better than most others that are essentially abandoned projects.

Kelpie

Visit site
I've seen a few Warriors around the £15-16k mark that looked, at least from the ads, to be ready to sail away. Exactly the kind of boat I should probably swap to... but I don't really want to...!

Have to say the thought of taking on a project of that magnitude has no appeal, but maybe that's because my existing boat still needs so much work...

Tin Tin

Visit site
My enthusiasm is based on the potential

Potential... that's a bit like my bank account.
There is always less than you think. :eek:

from the description in the OP, two things that would cause me concern (financially):
1. new engine required.
2. decks need to be 'finished'.

Tranona

Visit site
Potential... that's a bit like my bank account.
There is always less than you think. :eek:

from the description in the OP, two things that would cause me concern (financially):
1. new engine required.
2. decks need to be 'finished'.

Depending on how much engine related gear there is, £8-10k for new engine, around half for used. The boat requires 35-40hp where there is a much better choice used.

Decks are ready (according to the blurb) for Kiwigrip. Two days work plus materials, or £50 worth of interdeck if you choose that route.

Biggest problems will be related to putting the interior back together and installing new systems. Again depends on level of sophistication required.

bedouin

Visit site
Biggest problems will be related to putting the interior back together and installing new systems. Again depends on level of sophistication required.
It is very difficult to put together a good one-off interior on a budget

Tranona

Visit site
Yes, but the original interior was very basic compared with today's expectations. For somebody wanting a strong and simple boat the basics seem to be there.