WARNING Possible Scam on YBW / Livaboard Link

Sandy Bottom

Visit site
Just alerting you guys to a POSSIBLE Scam which MAY have come via this forum. I really don't many details yet, but I'm on the case. In short;

1. A week ago I asked for some advice in here on a thread about the "Best way to transfer marina fees from UK£ to Euros" - I got some great and much appreciated advice here

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?428334-Best-way-to-transfer-Marina-fees-from-UK%A3-to-Euro

2. This morning however I received an email linking my user on here name 'drumbeat' to a 'Congratulations you have already earned **** commission on exchange rates over the last seven days (i.e. within the length of time since I started the thread).

3. The guy calls himself Dan Gilbert of a Forex company in Cyprus and the sum involved is a four figure sum.

I am going to copy this thread across to the original one so that people are alerted but any information would be gratefully received - if it is just somebody making a bit of commission on an introduction then that doesn't bother me in the slightest - I'm more concerned as to whether or not somebody is trying to access our bank a/c or transfers abroad. Pm me please with any info you might have. If it's just a bit of introduction commission that we are talking about then I will be relieved not annoyed.

Regards,

Steve

Sandy Bottom

Visit site
Latest;

I have discovered that the company exists - they do not employ a 'Dan Gilbert' - and they think that it is a scam.
Steve

Mrnotming

Visit site
|And I got a call this morning from someone named perhaps Ahmed, not sure, representing Windows Microsoft upgrade service or suchlike.I bid him goodbye instinctively.Now I ponder was it because I plugged in an aged eeePC 900 by Asus on xp, or is it a leak from this forum.He addressed me as Paul, which is maybe a reason, regretfully to change my handle on here!

Sandy Bottom

Visit site
The point that I was making (obviously not very well) was that he used my email address (not published on here) with my username here. How did he get my email from my username?