Wales

Jules

Visit site
Toying with the idea of Cruising to N/W Wales this year from N Ireland. Any pointers from anybody knowledeable out there? 2 small children so nice beaches a must.
Thanks

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Pwllheli has a 5 anchor marina, almost 24 hour access, not unpleasant tides, excellent sailing club with food available at most times in the galley and a good beach within a few minutes walk. If you go there PM me for a beer or five. To view the area look up photos on Turtle photography website via google search.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Yep go to Pwllheli. Cant spell it but can paste it in! Go to Portmadog for a day or two. It's only seven miles and visit Portmeridan where they made the Prisoner. Anchor off Abersock for icecream and the sailing club. Aberdaron is good for a couple of hours. But you must visit Bardsey Island, a very strange place. Watch out for the tides round Bardsey though or you will be back in Ireland before you know it!!

<font color=blue> Haydn

whisper

Visit site
Aberdovey also has a good beach. Aberystwyth has a new small marina but beach is all stones - unless it has changed in last 30yrs - no make that 40yrs. BUT Aberystwyth has got the Vale of Rheidol railway. EVEN BETTER is the Ffestiniog Railway from Portmadog - super for kids of all ages and there is a bar on the train!!
You can get off to visit Portmeirion on your way to or from Blaenau Ffestiniog.

Jules

Visit site
Thanks Guys. Given me food for thought. I think a round trip from Strangford, IOM and back up via Arklow and Howth and Carlingford sounds tres pleasant n'est pas?

Lyndon

Visit site
If you're heading into Cardigan Bay don't forget Barmouth, friendly club, excellent beach and helpful harbourmaster.
Access 2.5 hours either side of HW with floating visitors moorings available or (preferably) dry out alongside in front of the yachtclub.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Is my mate Dermot still running the Ferry service in Strangford??

Toilet_2.thumb.jpg
<font color=blue> Haydn