Wacky boat ideas.

burgundyben

Visit site
I've had ideas for wacky boats...

Something like an Albacore hull, 15 to 18ft, flat aft, like an old Uffa Fox design, with a Harley Davidson V twin engine on a shaft drive, exhaust pipes out the back, possibly a jocky style seat, enough hp to make it plane.

Or, a Fairey Atalanta hull, remove all the sailing gear, big petrol V8 on a shaft, painted matt grey all over, machine gun on the front, it would look a bit like a WW1 CMB.

Nurse...its time for my pills...

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
When I was an apprentice at the first London BMW dealer the Govenors son crashed an 1800Ti. He put the donk in an open large rowboat, about 16 foot.

He was a bit flaky with the anticipated performance and associated loads and the engine fell out-or almost did-while going fast on Southampton water.

He and his mate discovered adrenaline was brown................................................

Reactions: DJE

Biggles Wader

Visit site

Slowboat35

Visit site
I've had ideas for wacky boats...

Something like an Albacore hull, 15 to 18ft, flat aft, like an old Uffa Fox design, with a Harley Davidson V twin engine on a shaft drive, exhaust pipes out the back, possibly a jocky style seat, enough hp to make it plane.
I'd have thought there would be many better, lighter, more powerful and practical choices than a Hardly Worthitson air-cooled tractor engine. Might work in a small trawler or cockle-dredger I suppose, or a mooring-layng barge - as long as you can cool it.

johnalison

Visit site
One of the local oldies once fitted some weird car motor into his boat, with four gears forward and reverse, which must have been impressive.