Volvo saildrive

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Can anyone remember off hand if the shaft seal are driven out one from the front and the other thought the back ? Or are they both driven out backwards , I know the bearing ring has to come out first , been a while since I done one

wully1

Visit site
All I’ve done to mine is change the anodes and the oil, before I started I watched a couple of videos on YouTube to get an idea of what to do and Im sure I saw some there on a full strip down - worth a quick search there to refresh your memory.

VicS

Visit site
Can anyone remember off hand if the shaft seal are driven out one from the front and the other thought the back ? Or are they both driven out backwards , I know the bearing ring has to come out first , been a while since I done one

SD120 I assume?

The parts diagrams are usually a pretty good indication of the way in which parts are fitted.

http://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/volvo-penta-explodedview-7744150-44-350.aspx

Looks like both come out together forwards

The workshop manual may help too

http://www.plaisance-pratique.com/IMG/pdf/VolvoMS2-SD120_manual.pdf

VicS

Visit site
It's a 120E , I know one come out the back of the housing but can't remember which way the other one comes out , trying to help someone out .

The two seals, the shim(s) and the bearing outer race all press out of the back of the housing together, See page 65 of the manual or the picture below

2cwpdo6.jpg

Martin_J

Visit site
VicS

Thanks for the link to the workshop manual..

I had not seen the photo of the official tools before..

The 1/2" socket and three pieces of wood shown in my OneDrive photos didn't actually look much different. :)

I hadn't realised I had taken so many photos.. I wonder if I took similar photos when doing the larger diaphragm seal.. If not then I'll do so next time..

To the OP... Enjoy the task... Just take it slow and don't rush..

Other threads that may be of interest