Volvo plumbing connections?

RobWales

www.3ksengineering.com
I notice that the rigid pipe connections on my volvo AD41's have no visible means of a threaded connection.....

i.e the pipe from the top of the thermo housing to the intercooler and the pipes into the aftercooler (cac) just seem to push in ?

Could anyone please enlighten me as to the method of sealing of these rigid connections? are they just push fit with an o ring type seal perhaps?

Thanks
Rob /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

S

Skyva_2

Don't know the AD41, but Volvo certainly use push fit with O ring connectors on other engines. The rings are the cheapest Volvo spares at a few pence each!

ChrisKaye

www.photobox.co.uk
If they are a push fit connection they will have a little plastic collar that slips around the pipe and then held in place by a retainer and an "O" ring. Before fitting clean metal up with some fine wire wool (so nice and shiny) then a good blob of silicone grease.

ChrisKaye

www.photobox.co.uk
I have some manuals on pdf for the AD41 if you havent got them already. And a Parts manual if thats any help. Just drop me a line with your e-mail address and I can forward it to you.

S

Skyva_2

Yes, there is a lip for the ring in the female pipe section.

Col

Visit site
That particular pipe is "O" ring sealed and the pipe is held in place with a large "P" clip.

Hi Ya ChrisK. Hows the family?