Volvo MD2030D running problems

adriangb

Visit site
My MD2030D which is 4 1/2 yrs old with 600hrs on the gauge has developed a problem. When it is running at 2-2500rpm whether in gear or not it will lose revs until about 1000. Sometimes it will pick up again then fade again. The fuel line from tank to engine has been bled several times, filter changed, tank dip-tube changed, lift pump changed, exhaust elbow decoked and air intake checked. All to no avail. HELP has anyone had a similar problem. The exhaust is not smoking so there is no excess fuel reaching the engine

oldharry

Visit site
Air is still getting in to the fuel line somewhere. Check the sealing ring on the fuel filter as the most likely culprit. Next likely is the lift pump, because its been changed - make sure the connections are absolutley 100% as that is a very likely cause of the trouble. Check the bleed valaves themselves are seating back properly.

A good way of checking for leaks is to use coloured toilet paper. Coloured, because it goes much darker in the presence of mositure. Wipe everything spotless, run for ten minutes then wipe again. Any trace of diesle will show up on your Tescos best! Do this on all the joints in the system.

The copper washers under banjo connectors are another common cause of leaks, once compressed they dont seal properly.

adriangb

Visit site
Thanks for all the ideas but one thing I forgot to mention is that we rigged up a temporary fuel tank with a direct feed to lift pump and still had the problem. Also checked seal on lift pump. I think that leaves us with a problem with injection pump.