Visitors to Dover...be aware.

Vara

Visit site
This is so important that I thought of posting it as an NTM.

There are now no Greasy spoon breakfast emporia open within walking distance of the the marina, and the offering that Subway label as breakfast is inedible.

Enough to make a chap think of relocating.

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
thats still there, but in the weather conditions usual in Dover it does not constitute an easy walk.

Listen here matey, I'll walk across hot coals, wade through muddy swamps and brave the polar wastes to get a full English so a short walk in slightly inclement weather along Prince of Wales pier is a mere bagatelle

You nearly had me really worried then!!!!

Rum Run

Visit site
There is a cafe in the seafront terrace not five mins from the dock that does an excellent all day breakfast for a fiver.

And this cafe is near the paragon of chandlers that is Sharp &Enwright. Also nearby is a merchant of hoses and fittings that bears examination by the DIYer, and a purveyor of fishing tackle and bogus weaponry to the discerning Herbert. It's the best street in the town. Also the easiest to leave by, which helps

Vara

Visit site
And this cafe is near the paragon of chandlers that is Sharp &Enwright. Also nearby is a merchant of hoses and fittings that bears examination by the DIYer, and a purveyor of fishing tackle and bogus weaponry to the discerning Herbert. It's the best street in the town. Also the easiest to leave by, which helps

The cafes adjacent to Sharpies are the ones that are closed, about to embark on a recce to find this beachfront cafe, driven down there loads of times and haven't seen it.

Vara

Visit site
Aaah, penny drops, you mean the water front cafe...Part of the Bestwestern set up. Not a starter for me as the service there is very slow and the food is often served from the breakfast buffet in the main hotel so it's a freshness lottery.

Vara

Visit site
Is Cullens Yard open for breakfast?
Will be there next month!
I need to know!

Cullens yard doesn't serve breakfast, but it's open for all other meals, and of course excellent Broadside.

if I'm about, drop in for some legendary Vara hospitality......glasses supplied, bring your own booze. :)

Other threads that may be of interest