Visitor Moorings near Shepperton

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
Planning on heading downstream and staying at Penton Hook for a few days over the 2nd bank holiday. Just curious if there is anywhere we could moor up in the day for a few hours, that would allow us to go and walk ashore near Shepperton. Only been down that way a few times and never stopped near there, so didn't know if any short stay moorings near that area?

Failing that, any where in Walton on Thames?

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Behind Desborough Island there are Lady Lindsey's lawn moorings. Council managed 24h moorings the situation does vary but it is often possible to moor there. Ten minute walk in to Shepperton via the cricket club.

Go to the left below Shepperton lock rather than to the right. The Old River.

I've not been down there for a while. It may have been taken over by residential boats but in the past the council have been quite robust about it so may be alright. Really nice mooring actually. nd

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Lindseys lawn (previously part of the estate but now council owned land)
Dropped pin
51°23'14.4"N 0°26'52.8"W · Las Palmas Estate, Shepperton, Vereinigtes Königreich

Walton EA moorings

Dropped pin
51°23'22.5"N 0°25'25.8"W · Walton-on-Thames, Vereinigtes Königreich

There is also the old Gridley Miskin woodyard mooring which is an EA asset. A bit further away from town probably about 20 minute walk.

Dropped pin
51°23'40.9"N 0°25'04.3"W · Walton-on-Thames, Vereinigtes Königreich

I don't know why the links come up with furrin language at the end. Have we been invaded ?

Northern Star

Visit site
Lindseys Lawn has been very good the last several times I have been there and they have even extended the mooring space.

Not a lot of narrowboats or long term mooring now and a lovely spot as it is nice and quiet.

You can also moor the other side of Shepperton Lock at the Thames court pub or opposite before the lock at Weybridge and get the ferry across to Shepperton.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
There is a spot on Halliford bend which looks like a public mooring. I went to Halliford school over the road but never moored at this spot in 30 yars of Thames boating. Its quite near the road so not especially quiet.

No idea what it is like but if nothing else available it could be a backup option.

Just downstream of the nice red and white fishing trawler. 15 minute walk into Shepperton.

Dropped pin
51°23'24.2"N 0°26'29.6"W · Shepperton, Vereinigtes Königreich

Scapegoat

Visit site
There is a spot on Halliford bend which looks like a public mooring. I went to Halliford school over the road but never moored at this spot in 30 yars of Thames boating. Its quite near the road so not especially quiet.

No idea what it is like but if nothing else available it could be a backup option.

Just downstream of the nice red and white fishing trawler. 15 minute walk into Shepperton.

Dropped pin
51°23'24.2"N 0°26'29.6"W · Shepperton, Vereinigtes Königreich
That is a public mooring spot. Think there may be a sign to that effect (?). Tried it once a while back but from memory, the bank / bank support wasn’t great - some uncertain metal bits that might have scraped our hull, so we didn’t actually use it in the end.