Video from my not so epic delivery trip...

matt13

on Wednesday of this week I delivered my boat from the Itchen to Mercury on the Hamble where she will stay for a month, if you have seen my previous boat videos you'd be forgiven for thinking they are a bit 'samey'. Anyway I experimented with a few different camera angles, the one at the bow is tied on with a shoelace after losing a goPro in a similar fashion in the Solent. Will be on E pontoon when I get sometime to spend onboard so if you are around pop round and say hello!

STEVEDUNSTABLE

Hi Matt........ well you have started it, so finish it !!!!!!........ yours truly will be there from the 1st July for "awhile"...so you have nearly 2 weeks to sort the weather out, clean the slipway for me !!!!!!!..................titter titter......... love the vid......see ya there (weather permitting)

matt13

Thanks Steve I'll have to make the most of the weather before you arrive then! Will hopefully see you at Mercury.

MrB

Isbells, Reunite? Sounds cool. :encouragement:

Seahope

on Wednesday of this week I delivered my boat from the Itchen to Mercury on the Hamble where she will stay for a month, if you have seen my previous boat videos you'd be forgiven for thinking they are a bit 'samey'. Anyway I experimented with a few different camera angles, the one at the bow is tied on with a shoelace after losing a goPro in a similar fashion in the Solent. Will be on E pontoon when I get sometime to spend onboard so if you are around pop round and say hello!

Ah a nice Monterey. :encouragement:

matt13

Yep that's the track one of my faves. Yes mine is a Crownline 250 had her a few years now, cracking little boat.

AndieMac

Nice Matt, certainly up to your usual high standard, thanks for posting. Was that FireFly's Mitchell in the foreground of the closing footage?

mlines

Yes recovery vehicle a long way in the water unfortunately, shallow slipway!

It's salt water as well :(

Always wondered if a dip in salt water is any more/less harmful than a winter on salted roads?

Martin

AndieMac

Yes recovery vehicle a long way in the water unfortunately, shallow slipway!

It's salt water as well :(

Always wondered if a dip in salt water is any more/less harmful than a winter on salted roads?

Martin

Perhaps a hinged extendable drawbar, a very popular addition to trailers in Oz for just this situation. Mackay trailers in Melbourne (for example) fit them as an option...maybe some ideas to copy?

Maybe a generous spraying of a good lanolin based product will help protect the under carridge, I soak my boat trailer springs and axels with it, still in great nick after twenty five years of salt water immersion.

MapisM

For some reason I missed your video when you posted it.
Lovely stuff, and well put together, thanks for sharing it with us. :encouragement:
Doesn't the anchor locker hatch have any sort of lock? It looks like it's willing to open itself, around 1:40 of the video.
Oh, and another (geeky) curiosity: have you got a l/h prop by chance? Or a dual prop B3 outdrive, maybe?
The boat wake doesn't look like made from the typical single r/h prop...

matt13

Thanks for comments re video yes MapisM the anchor locker does lock i only noticed it wasn't this time when looking back at the video, must make a mental note to check it's locked next time! Yep she has bravo 3 duo prop.

Last edited:

AndieMac

Oh, and another (geeky) curiosity: have you got a l/h prop by chance? Or a dual prop B3 outdrive, maybe?
The boat wake doesn't look like made from the typical single r/h prop...

Wow, you don't miss much! That statement is slightly above the geeky level, bordering on anoraky....haha ;)