VIctron Cerbo to Dongle WIFI connected NO internet

graham460

Visit site
Hello Fellow Sailors..
Any Advice would be appreciated.
My Boat is in Sardinia nauticat 44

I purchased many Items from Uk (Solar Sunshine) AN Electrician installed the Solar panels and many Victron Products
Victron BMV712
GX Touch
CERBO touch
2 x 100/30 Amp MPPT
DONGLE with new Simm card.

We have connected the System. And It seems to be working ok 1st Day Yesyerday.. Still monitoring

I HAVE THE APP ON MY PHONE VICTRON CONNECT
1. IT CONNECTS FINE TO BLUE TOOTH.

2. ON THE GX DISPLAY IT SHOWS CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK.. BUT WON'T FIND THE INTERNET WHEN I CHCK ON MY PHONE

3. I OPEN MY IPHONE SEARCH Fro WIFI. it Finds the DONGLE VENUS Hq 2310 jq 3p4 etc.

4. my Phone finds the System on Bluetooth. When I select LOCAL on the Victron Connect APP

5. When I switch to VRM. it shows up " NO DEVICES FOUND"

6. The Dongle Blue Light is FLASHING wetook out the SIMM and sent a message t Electrician Phone Seem to work..

The Big iSSUE is the Dongle Not speaking to the Internet to transfer date to my phone. I asked Sunshine Solar (After Spending Nearly 2k - The Two Salesmen WILL and Evan Were good and did put a lot of work into the system. I thnk them for that.) But the Technical Dept. Rather Off Attitude. this is all we can help you with now. you must seek Expert Help.

SO Any Assistance would be helpful Ive watche so many Youtube videos and searched the manual ..

the GX touch on the VRM section comes up with an Error Error Message (urllib3.connection.httpconnection object at 0xb59aec28)

I will attach some Screen Shots photos of the Display

Thanks Guy Regards Graham Struggling as supposed to fly back to UK in 7 days and need to prepare the boat tp sail to Bosa .

Attachments

• 2. VRM Status   Enabled Victron Gx Display  - 104.jpeg
    2. VRM Status Enabled Victron Gx Display - 104.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 3. SIMM STATUS  Victron Gx Display  - 105.jpeg
    3. SIMM STATUS Victron Gx Display - 105.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 4. GX  with AC power  Victron Gx Display  - 107.jpeg
    4. GX with AC power Victron Gx Display - 107.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 4. VRM Error Message   Victron Gx Display  - 100.jpeg
    4. VRM Error Message Victron Gx Display - 100.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 5. DONGLE   Cerbo   Passwords  Victron Gx Display  - 99.jpeg
    5. DONGLE Cerbo Passwords Victron Gx Display - 99.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 6. Bittom of Cerbo   CODES     Victron Gx Display  - 94.jpeg
    6. Bittom of Cerbo CODES Victron Gx Display - 94.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 6. Victron Dongle Passwords  Victron Gx Display  - 97.jpeg
    6. Victron Dongle Passwords Victron Gx Display - 97.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 8. GX  and BMV  Victron Gx Display  - 82.jpeg
    8. GX and BMV Victron Gx Display - 82.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 11
  • GSM ERROR  Victron Gx Display  - 108.jpeg
    GSM ERROR Victron Gx Display - 108.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 11

Alicatt

Visit site
No help sorry to say, but interested as the boat we just bought has a Victron Multiplus inverter/charger and a BMV712 monitor with bluetooth and I want to fit a GSM router so I can monitor systems while we are away.

I had to replace the battery bank as the batteries were out of balance and wont hold a charge any longer, I don't want to replace them again too soon!

Gustywinds

Visit site
Wish I could help as I have a Cerbo GX but I don't use a Victron dongle, I have a 4g/5G router with a SIM from the Dutch provider I use and the installer set it up for me. Im not actually on the boat at the moment to look at the config screens.
Have you looked on the Victron helpdesk forums or logged a request with them? Need support? - Victron Energy

PaulRainbow

Visit site
No help sorry to say, but interested as the boat we just bought has a Victron Multiplus inverter/charger and a BMV712 monitor with bluetooth and I want to fit a GSM router so I can monitor systems while we are away.

I had to replace the battery bank as the batteries were out of balance and wont hold a charge any longer, I don't want to replace them again too soon!
A Cerbo GX has built in WIFI and Ethernet, use one or the other to connect to a router and you can monitor everything from the Victron VRM portal, free of charge.

graham460

Visit site
Wish I could help as I have a Cerbo GX but I don't use a Victron dongle, I have a 4g/5G router with a SIM from the Dutch provider I use and the installer set it up for me. Im not actually on the boat at the moment to look at the config screens.
Have you looked on the Victron helpdesk forums or logged a request with them? Need support? - Victron Energy
Hello Gusty Winds Thanks for the reply I did not know of a VICTRON HELPDESK FORUM do you ahve a link to that place Best regards Graham

graham460

Visit site
I can see the Devices Locally on Blue tooth BUT NOT when I switch to VRM

Attachments

• 6. Error  message  IMG_2599.JPG
    6. Error message IMG_2599.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 5. No INternet connection  IMG_2598.JPG
    5. No INternet connection IMG_2598.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 4. Connected but NO Internet  IMG_2597.JPG
    4. Connected but NO Internet IMG_2597.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 3. Venus Network Connected  IMG_2596.JPG
    3. Venus Network Connected IMG_2596.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 5
  • 2. VPN Not connected   IMG_2595.JPG
    2. VPN Not connected IMG_2595.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 1.  VENUS NEtwork    IMG_2594.JPG
    1. VENUS NEtwork IMG_2594.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 8.  IMG_3774.jpg
    8. IMG_3774.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 10. ERROR  IMG_3772.jpg
    10. ERROR IMG_3772.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 5

Alicatt

Visit site
You can connect to the router. Using it for your phone to connect to the internet via the router's WiFi does not seem to work, is the SIM card still locked by the ISP?

I have a GSM router from Tp-Link that I tried to set up on the boat, but could not get it to work at all, the data SIM card was blocked and I had to return from Holland to Belgium where the SIM is from before I could unlock it, not taken the router back onboard just yet to try it out but it works locally in Belgium.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
You are doing it all wrong. Forget Bluetooth. Do not connect your phone to the Cerbo, connect the Cerbo to something with internet, making the connection from the Cerbo. When connected you will see the wifi symbol in the top right corner of the touch screen. Pic 2 in post 1 shows you connected to the internet.

Now, connect the Cerbo to the portal.

You can now go to the portal on your phone, table, laptop etc. You connect using a web browser VRM Portal - Victron Energy

Create an account, enter the VRM portal ID and it should work.