Vetus plastic tank inspection bung disgrace

My vetus tank has an inspection bung around the back that is about two inches diameter moulded plastic but the lip is so distorted I can't see how you could make a proper seal with it. Has anyone else discovered this problem & if so how did you deal with it?

I would past a photo but the bloody forum software won't work.......as usual.:disgust:

VicS

My vetus tank has an inspection bung around the back that is about two inches diameter moulded plastic but the lip is so distorted I can't see how you could make a proper seal with it. Has anyone else discovered this problem & if so how did you deal with it?

I would past a photo but the bloody forum software won't work.......as usual.:disgust:

cant help with the tank but forget the attachment system for posting photos. Up load them to a photo-hosting site , eg Photobucket, and post them from there.

cant help with the tank but forget the attachment system for posting photos. Up load them to a photo-hosting site , eg Photobucket, and post them from there.

I managed to post some photo's only a few days ago when I had a query about some fuse holders Vic. Now I can't even find how to delete them from 'my photo's. :confused: I'll try adding some to my flickr account but I think I've forgotten to isolate them.I shall try.........

Lets try this https://farm1.staticflickr.com/700/20651449790_228cd588a6_s.jpg I give up.That's so ****ing small as to be useless

Last edited:

VicS

I managed to post some photo's only a few days ago when I had a query about some fuse holders Vic. Now I can't even find how to delete them from 'my photo's. :confused: I'll try adding some to my flickr account but I think I've forgotten to isolate them.I shall try.........

Lets try this https://farm1.staticflickr.com/700/20651449790_228cd588a6_s.jpg

Deleting existing ones is easy,

Goto "settings " ( Top RH corner)

Go to "Attachments" at the bottom of the LH menu

Tick the boxes on the RH side for the ones you want to delete, scroll down and hit "Delete selected"

Have coffee

Coffe drinker.jpg

DanTribe

I fitted a Vetus holding tank this year and have had problems with the inspection hatch and two of the inlet / extraction fittings. I believe that the O rings are the wrong size or missing. Spent far too much of my holiday trying to seal the leaks with new seals and mastic.
Perhaps I should take some samples of the leakages to their stand at Southampton Show and ask for their advice?

Deleting existing ones is easy,

Goto "settings " ( Top RH corner)

Go to "Attachments" at the bottom of the LH menu

Tick the boxes on the RH side for the ones you want to delete, scroll down and hit "Delete selected"

Have coffee

View attachment 53252

Cheers Vic I managed to do that & I had the coffee in advance :D

Now to see if things have improved. ..........Nope the old photo's are still there & I cannot upload new ones. I ****ing hate computers......or in this instance so software people who can't leave well alone when something works!

Time for another coffee.

prv

Dunno where you were grabbing the link from, but I think you mean this:

20651449790_228cd588a6.jpg

Pete

I fitted a Vetus holding tank this year and have had problems with the inspection hatch and two of the inlet / extraction fittings. I believe that the O rings are the wrong size or missing. Spent far too much of my holiday trying to seal the leaks with new seals and mastic.
Perhaps I should take some samples of the leakages to their stand at Southampton Show and ask for their advice?

Go for it! Whoever designed the plug for my diesel tank needs shooting because they hav'nt left enough meat around the lip & it seems to have distorted during the injection moulding process. I can't believe they have bothered to inspect these things properly! :disgust:

prv

Is it perhaps a standard BSP thread, and if so, could you get a brass plug to replace the plastic one?

Pete

ian2008

Last time I fitted a vetus fuel tank the instructions with the fitting kit said
the bung should be within the area cut out for the aluminium plate with the fittings in.
It is only there for the injection moulding process and for a pressure test in the factory.

Last time I fitted a vetus fuel tank the instructions with the fitting kit said
the bung should be within the area cut out for the aluminium plate with the fittings in.
It is only there for the injection moulding process and for a pressure test in the factory.

It's definitely not that. This a purpose made inspection plug half way up the back.The fittings you refer too are at the top.

VicS

Cheers Vic I managed to do that & I had the coffee in advance :D

Now to see if things have improved. ..........Nope the old photo's are still there & I cannot upload new ones. I ****ing hate computers......or in this instance so software people who can't leave well alone when something works!

Time for another coffee.

Well it works OK for me

attachment.php
You cant be doing what i am telling you
wink.gif

Habebty

I did about eight years ago, due to a leaking 2 year old diesel tank. and was met with total disinterest. ( white screw bung on top of diesel tank that leaked when tank was full, which I eventually managed to seal somehow)
Wouldn't buy another Vetus tank and still thinking about a tectank replacement.