Vetus Anode - can't find the part number, help!

A

Anonymous

Vetus Anode - can\'t find the part number, help!

bowthruster_anodes.jpg

I am looking for the Vetus anode on the left in the picture and my chandler needs the part number to order one. It does not appear in any of the Vetus catalogues - it's for use in a bowthruster tunnel. Maybe someone recognises it and can let me have the part number?

The dimensions are:-

The overall length is 9.5 cm

The overall width is 3.5 cm

The height is approx 1.6 cm

The distance between holes is 7.6 cm

I took these dimensions from one that had been modified slightly and left with me as a replacement by the last firm to do the antifouling and anodes, and I know they had to do a bit of filing.

Many thanks.

pvb

Visit site
Re: Vetus Anode - can\'t find the part number, help!

Interesting, I'm assuming you have a Vetus bowthruster, and most small Vetus bowthrusters use a circular anode mounted on the drive hub. Does yours have one of these as well? Or is the rectangular anode a replacement system? Bowthruster anode part numbers are shown online in the Vetus digital price list (under "Bowthruster accessories"), but these are probably current-model replacements. Best idea would be to email Vetus with your model code and ask their advice.

A

Anonymous

No, it's actually a Sleipner bowthruster and the special anode for it can be seen to the right of the Vetus one. The special anode is screwed onto the leg itself and that isn't a problem, I can get those from the Sleipner dealer. Inside the tunnel there is this Vetus anode and it was half eroded after two years of immersion so does do some work. I've no idea how a Vetus anode came to be specified by the designer of this system; my chandler did have a similar but much larger Vetus anode come through for another customer, included in an order for anodes for a Vetus bowthruster and the part number for that was ZINC02. We can't find the part number for mine. The Vetus distributors say it does not exist yet two were obtained in 2005.

As you say, I will probably have to email Vetus themselves but they seem to work via distributors....or 'not work' via distributors /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Many thanks for looking into it for me, much appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rwakeham

Visit site

They have an admin office in the Hamble - they located the part number and a distributor in the UK that had it in stock for me. Their contact details are:

Vetus Den Ouden Ltd.
5 Compass Point, Ensign Business Park
Hamble, Southampton, Hampshire SO31 4RA
Tel.: +44 (0)23 8045 4507
Fax : +44 (0)23 8045 4508
sales@vetus.co.uk

pvb

Visit site
Try this one then...

Ah, I see. It doesn't have to be a Vetus anode, then, but obviously the 76mm fixing centres are important. MGDuff have a range of basic strip anodes including this one which should fit.

A

Anonymous

Re: Try this one then...

pvb and rwakehan - thanks you both so much. The McDuff will almost certainly do the job with a bit of filing and I think that the Vetus needs filing anyway. I shall also email Vetus UK and get their part number so we will be dual sourced.

I have been asking my chandler to sort this out for the last two months and we have the answer in two hours from ybw.

Brilliant, thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif