very hacked off

Marmalade

Visit site
Yesterday, at Marconi SC, we were robbed. The thieves broke into locked garages and stole all three engines from our support boats - two ribs and an orkney.

On Sunday evening we have 100 kids descending on the club for our cadet week so the timing couldn't be worse.

Lock up your kit guys - this was a well planned job - they must have had a well-stocked toolkit and had clearly reccied the site in advance so they knew where to go and when no one would be around.

It's a good job they don't let you swear on here.

Simon /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gin

Visit site
Sorry to hear of your club's loss. I read about a spate of similar thefts over the weekend, clearly including yours, which has been put down to the same gang which did this last year too, on the East Coast

bastonjock

Visit site
sorry for you and your club and the kids.The Police are doing something about it,i was stopped just outside wells during pirate weekend and given a thorough going over by the Norflolk Plod,i have no complaints whatsoever,i hope that they catch the scroats

reginaldon

Visit site
So very often the police do their very best to get a conviction and then the Judiciary under the guidance of HM Government hand down a gentle slap on the wrist, bearing in mind that every gaol sentence is only 50% of its face-value - mind you haven't heard the lie 'tough on crime' mentioned lately!
Most areas are prone but the Solent and parts of the East Coast have suffered - my commiserations, but they're not a great deal of help - sorry!

DRANNIE

Visit site
If this is the gang that have been taking outboards throughout the east coast then I suspect they are not going to get a "slap on the wrist".

Sentancing is subject to strict tariff guidlines which limit the range of sentences that can be imposed. If you are really interested get a copy of Archibold. The legislature and the executive not the judiciary set sentence guidlines. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Leighb

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If this is the gang that have been taking outboards throughout the east coast then I suspect they are not going to get a "slap on the wrist".

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately they have to catch them first.

There has been a spate of thefts recently, we are getting an e-mail at the club almost every week from Suffolk Police with details of the latest.

They have done Alton Water twice this year I believe, also Aldeburgh, Woodbridge, our turn next?
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jezlyn

Visit site
Thieves took a couple of large outboards of off boats in Morgan Marine's yard at Brightlingsea recently. The theory is that they photograph the outboard and advertise it on ebay. If they get a buyer they then go and steal the outboard. Perhaps it's worth checking ebay regularly to see if your outboard is up for sale!

Sixpence

Visit site
Sorry to hear the news Simon, must admit, even here I don't leave the o/b on Sixpence, firstly it's not mine, secondly the local scrap thieves have already helped themselves to a load of metal that was due to get weighed in. Hope you get sorted mate, it's something the gits don't even think about.

Marmalade

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Blimey thats awful.
Did they break your security gate too?

[/ QUOTE ]

No - the tides were right for them to have removed them on the river...

crying shame is that money we would have spent on improving facilities / changing / showers etc. will now have to go on big steel doors to stop the so and sos repeating the crime

Zippysigma

Visit site
Sorry to hear that. It sounded very organised.

The comment about Ebay is worrying, how do we know if we are buying nicked stuff? Is there a database of stolen boating serial numbers anywhere? I guess that would help track down some of the b*****ds.

mikebirch

Visit site
Simon

Dont usually post here but saw your message. Sorry for what happened and hope you have been able to get temporary replacements - if not what is the minimum size engine you need? I could email club members to see if anyone has an appropriate engine.

Mike Birch

Marmalade

Visit site
Mike - how are you? Thanks for the offer - We've been fortunate to have several people with ribs make them available so cadet week is safe I think.

You going to Zierikzee in Aug? - we're planning to go over weather permitting. I've left J a message to talk plans.

cheers

S