Ventspils to Kuressaare + return and cock up !

Refueler

Visit site
Depart Ventspils ... myself ... Sasha and first time boating : Gleb (guy who's completing the GRP repairs to two other boats of mine).

On way to Kuressaare .... Anisette shows her clean run ..

Entering narrow dedicated channel to Kuressaare ...

Baltic Moor Kuressaare ... but distnace buoy to pontoon is short and guy has problem with the stern line clip ... should have changed it ..

Next day depart and before we left - another 'race boat' - we joked about getting to Ventspils first ... we left 20 mins after them and passed them 1hr later !!

OK ... cock-up ... I have a system of having fenders / lines sorted BEFORE nearing berth .. so once set - we can relax and be ready to do the necessary once we get alongside. This time because I have Sasha on board - a highly experienced Skipper - I didn't call for fenders etc ... and it got left to last minute ... the change of berth was also a factor ... and ended up with me trying to sort lines, nearly hitting another boat ... and then when first alongside - spring line wasn't made and boat nearly hit wall ... backed off and tried again .. again no spring line - but this time I understood that was going to happen ... but boat was already swinging out based on that single bow line and guy didn't catch the stern line ... finally got her back in ... no good doing engine as bow line was leading fwd and that would meant wall ...... astern was not good either....

09 July 2024 Anisette 006

(Only allowed 5 media links fully .. so last is a link to .... )
I need fit midships cleats - I have a couple of folding cleats bought for the job ... AND next time make sure even the most experienced knows what I WANT ... not what they think to do !! I haven't had such a mess for many years - I mean decades !! It came down to two 'knowledgeable' people .. myself and Sasha failing to have a single command setup .... I wrongly assuming Sasha would do as I would do ... I am honest and take the blame for it ..

Last edited: