Venice Marina Santelena

imagine

www.pch-uk.com
Hi All
I am thinking of wintering in Venice marina Santelena, Has anyone got any information regarding the marina, weather and wash or problems with the marina.
I know it will be cold over Christmas time but we will probably go skiing locally whilst we are there.

Kind regards Nick
01477 417005

charles_reed

Visit site
Hi All
I am thinking of wintering in Venice marina Santelena, Has anyone got any information regarding the marina, weather and wash or problems with the marina.
I know it will be cold over Christmas time but we will probably go skiing locally whilst we are there.

Kind regards Nick
01477 417005

If you are referring to the moorings next door to the vaporetti and close to the footbal stadium, that is no a public marina but the VVV, Club.
I've stayed there quite frequently, but it does depend on which members' boats are absent. They're very co-operative and I'd suggest going up there and talking to the Club Secretary. If you're a member of a recognised British Sailing Club (Cruising Association or RNSA are two) they'll be glad to help. If you're living on the boat, the need to move won'tbe a problem.

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com
I have stayed at the private Diporto Velico Veneziano, on the island of Sant’Elena, regularly over the years as it is only a day's sail from my home marina in the Laguna di Marano, but always in the summer when other berth-holders were away cruising as it is usually full with local boats. It is a great place to be, just that far from the centre to be quiet but near enough by Vaporetto - or on foot - to visit it.

Now there is a new marina immediately on the southern side of DVV called, as the OP mentions, Marina Santelena. The best would be to call them to check availability - the website has all contact details.

MarinaSantelena.jpg

Edit:
The gallery on the website (first image) shows clearly the positioning with relationship to the older DVV, which lies immediately behind it. When I last stayed at the DVV I was close to the entrance where the passing traffic did bring some wash into the basin but the new marina seems well protected (if the aerial view is not just an artist's impression like some other of the gallery pictures). Unlike the marina of San Giorgio opposite to, and with spectacular views of, St Mark’s square and the Palazzo Ducale, as the wall facing the city were pilings where the wash could pass through and the boat was in constant motion.

Last edited: