Vacuum cleaners

rivalranger

www.rivalranger.co.uk
The chore we love to hate. Does anyone have any advice on rechargeable handheld vacuum cleaners that are suitable to run on 12volts on a boat? I have been researching the subject and so far have only found the Dirt Devil one that runs on a 3m cable, which is not really very useful as the boat is considerably longer than 3m!!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

mikewilkes

Visit site
If it is rechargeable / handheld does the cable length really matter. Just buy a cheapo mains one and either use an inverter or wait till you are alongside. Failing that get SWMBO a hard hand brush and dustpan!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gerry

www.gerryantics.blogspot.com
Best on the market. We are on our second one now. Holds charge for quite some time and all the different tools are great for reaching all those nasty nooks and crannies!

<hr width=100% size=1>

FerrymanR

Visit site
Wet or dry :-|
Battery operated never have much power. Better to get a mains one and use an inverter. Usually come with a better tool set too. Also get one that uses a cloth bag, not throw-away paper ones as they get *very* soggy even when not in use (they seem to attract water).
Richard

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sybarite

Visit site
I got a plain ordinary household vaccuum, cheapest I could find, and use it when I am in a marina. I have found this to be more efficient than the small 12v things. It does however assume that you will regularly visit a marina eg for taking on water.

<hr width=100% size=1>

bryantee

lefkas Greece (Summer)Cochin india(Winter)
Visit site
have used the 12v black and decker .not bad,but the best ever is the relatively new ones being pushed at the moment,220v 500watt, so a 800watt inverter will cope ok.
will pick up 10mm bolts.I kid you not.They have a plug in wander lead to reach into the depths of the bilges .about £ 35
advertised in most of the home cataloges at the moment

<hr width=100% size=1>