Upgraded WIFI at Mercury....

Firefly625

Visit site
A lot of folks moan about the speed of internet connections at marinas, having been a resident in Port Solent from January to March this year (and still have a 10m berth there lying empty) I was surprised to find I had to pay for wifi so didn't bother. At MDL Mercury I always found the wifi adequate for my use (although having to keep logging on always bugs me), but it was free which it should be, having to pay for wifi in this day & age I think is a complete con. Its not that expensive to set up a decent wifi connection... anyway having found Mercury always OK now they seem to have improved so for those that moan about marina internet speed perhaps we are now seeing that marina's are recognising the importance of offering a decent wifi connection to encourage berth holders to stick around...

Great news! New WiFi now at Mercury Yacht Harbour!

We are delighted to inform you that we have recently upgraded the WiFi facilities at Mercury Yacht Harbour.

You will now be able to do all that you can at home and work from your boat – stream videos, catch up on your favourite TV programmes, use the Internet at speed, and download large files.

We know that some of you have had some issues with the WiFi in the past and as such, it has been important to us that we address these and make the considerable investment that we have into the services. We want to ensure that you continue to enjoy not only the most comprehensive rewards package available with Freedom Berthing – but also the best.

You can be safe in the knowledge that you are now enjoying the fastest marina Internet service on the Hamble.

Happy surfing!

Elessar

Visit site
A lot of folks moan about the speed of internet connections at marinas, having been a resident in Port Solent from January to March this year (and still have a 10m berth there lying empty) I was surprised to find I had to pay for wifi so didn't bother. At MDL Mercury I always found the wifi adequate for my use (although having to keep logging on always bugs me), but it was free which it should be, having to pay for wifi in this day & age I think is a complete con. Its not that expensive to set up a decent wifi connection... anyway having found Mercury always OK now they seem to have improved so for those that moan about marina internet speed perhaps we are now seeing that marina's are recognising the importance of offering a decent wifi connection to encourage berth holders to stick around...

necessary as the phone signal is pants!

at shamrock I have 4G so don't bother with the wifi. I was in murcury for a couple of weeks and I wouldn't have been able to work there if I'd needed to.

Jamesuk

Visit site
Nothing about speed then.

Can you run a speedtest.net test and report back please. Then have Sky Go FA CUP live equivilent on a PC/ipad and repeat.

Cheers

Jurgen

Visit site
They have just installed a number of Super Boosters, 1 on the end of B Pontoon and another by Hamble Sailing School.

Signal is much better but can be slow at peak times but better than nowt

rafiki_

Visit site
Our Marina has just installed a new system with repeaters everywhere, however it is really pants, and you have to keep logging in as it drops out far too often, and not man enough for any streaming etc. it is purely an entry level system, designed to encourage you to upgrade at significant expense. We have a cellular Pad Air, and this works much better.

Colin K

Visit site
Hello,
Please excuse my thread drift and my lack of knowledge on this stuff. Does it make a difference if more people are logged on to the marina Wifi and what they are doing/watching.
I am in a large marina in Ipswich and we have great Wifi signal no dropping out etc but occasionally its slow. The other day when it went on a go slow i went onto the pontoon only to see a couple of cars parked in the car park (they shouldnt be there anyway) and they were sat back, seats reclined chomping on their McDonalds watching films on their tablets on the dashboard. I suspect logged into the free marina Wifi. Wondered if this has an affect?

Cheers, Colin.

rafiki_

Visit site
Hello,
Please excuse my thread drift and my lack of knowledge on this stuff. Does it make a difference if more people are logged on to the marina Wifi and what they are doing/watching.
I am in a large marina in Ipswich and we have great Wifi signal no dropping out etc but occasionally its slow. The other day when it went on a go slow i went onto the pontoon only to see a couple of cars parked in the car park (they shouldnt be there anyway) and they were sat back, seats reclined chomping on their McDonalds watching films on their tablets on the dashboard. I suspect logged into the free marina Wifi. Wondered if this has an affect?

Cheers, Colin.
Surely the interlopers would need a pin and password?