Up the river to see Grandma?

mitchc

Visit site
We'd like to go up to Windsor in late September. Starting to plan the trip to see if we'll be able to get that far......under the bridges/through the locks etc?
We are a 45ft mobo with a 14ft beam, 4ft draft and need about 14ft clearance to get under bridges etc (checking more accurately this w/e).

So my question to the oracles is can we get up that far? and is the trip dependant on getting to certain points at exactly the right time so we've got enough water under/ air above us?

Thanks in advance,

mitchc

Visit site
Thanks Byron.
Was going through the alamanac last night.....so it looks like I might have to duck going under Hammersmith.....or wait for a couple of hours.
Hopefully the charts will turn up today, then I can plan it in a bit more detail!

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Old Windsor Lock Cut 14'3" and, as most of the moorings are above the Windsor/Eton Bridge that could be a problem as its only about 13'2".

bear in mind that although the upper Thames is non tidal the actual clearances can vary as they work the river levels.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Byron.
Was going through the alamanac last night.....so it looks like I might have to duck going under Hammersmith.....or wait for a couple of hours.
Hopefully the charts will turn up today, then I can plan it in a bit more detail!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hammersmith isn't really a problem. There are tide guages located port side coming up, port side coming down which give you actual heights.