Twister envy? *DELETED*

jimi

Visit site
Re: Twister envy?

Do'nt prevaricate. The truth is you've been seduced by Nicho's new Bav and you've now seen sense and are disposing of the old heap before launching into a charter management scheme with Sunsail on a new Bav 44 ... go on,admit it!

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
TK\'s original message reinstated

I have fortunately managed to rummage the internet and find the original text.

"I need to consult with the forum. Permit me to explain.

Aboard the boat a few days ago enjoying the sunshine, I was entirely at peace with the world. Taking a break from our toil, I'd made some tea. The light on the foredeck, the graceful lines, the way that the boat sits nobly at its mooring caught my imagination and my heart. Cups of tea on modern boats taste awful in comparison, and the weather is usually much worse.

The calm was shattered by someone hailing from the quayside

"Oi, mate, how much do you want for your boat? How about 50 grand?".

How rude. The impertinence that that a craft of such beauty, so close to me, a boat that has taken care of me as I have cherished her over the years, could ever be horse-traded in so vulgar a fashion. I tried to ignore him, but somehow heard myself calling back:

"Make it £52k and we might have a deal!"

"okay then, see you next weekend with the bank draft!" he replied

What have I done? How could I have taken leave of my senses like this? I feel that I could withdraw from the bargain, but it would surely be bad form. There might even already be a verbal contract in place which I cannot break. Yet I have undoubtedly violated the trust of the boat, so near and dear to me. For when the visitor had departed, the sun disappered, clouds gathered, and the soul of the boat felt cold, empty and transgressed.

Amongst the tumult of my thoughts I am now wondering - those Jenneaus with TWO steering wheels - are they any good?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Real McCoy

Should any of you have a Twister on your shopping list, the Twister Owners Association has just been notified of a nice one for sale/sail which has not yet been advertised, and is not on the web anywhere yet. If interested, please PM me.

(location, ashore, S. Coast)

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

We have had two in the past. Does anyone know where 'La Ina' and 'Kavirondo' are now?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ohdrat

Visit site
Re: Grrrr!

So your new user name will be Jeanneau with 2 Wheels and a Bicyle Ken... Somehow it doesn't have quite the same ring about it.. still it could be worse ... Macgregor in the Arctic Ken... now that sounds like a refrigerated version of up the creek without a paddle..

<hr width=100% size=1>

AndrewB

Visit site

What are you worried about? For that price you can get another Twister with enough left over to fit it with at least a couple of wheels.

Any chance that guy might be down my way?

Ohdrat

Visit site
Re: As an after thought

I would avoid the user name JenBenKen as it might be misconstrued to be GenderBenderKen

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gunfleet

Visit site
Re: TK\'s original message reinstated

Absolutely verbatim.

While I have your attention, is there any truth in the rumour Preecey is after a crewing spot in the great Arctic McGregor adventure? I'll lend him my mace to keep both Polar Bears and Ellen at bay if you'll just tune your ssb to 14043.3, the UK Pelagic Mariner's Net. I'm told they also sometimes broadcast at 1600 zulu on fat Willy's Northbound net. Go on. You know you're better at taking down those kind of notes than any of us. It's all in the shorthand.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: TK\'s original message reinstated

I fear that news from Preecy is becoming very scarce, chucked off the front page of ybw.com and likley only warranting a three-page YW "uh-oh bet you havnae got pics like these - unfolding disaster" instead of a much more promising seven+ page or even entire special edition "Diary Of The Record" that was planned. So, the space will have to be filled with another IRC second stage invitation all-comers rained-off May handicap preview and a full reprint of any Swan press release that can be found between now and the end of April, even if it's just a computer drawing. It's very,very bad news indeed.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Magic_Sailor

Visit site

Ken

As you know, I have a Jeanneau. It doesn't have 2 wheels but it does occasionally have a bike on board.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>

G

I think that we sold Kavirondo to a Dutch chap who took her back there.

<hr width=100% size=1>