twin core cable for NMEA

bitbaltic

sailingkarisma.wordpress.com
What are people using in terms of a general-purpose twin core cable for NMEA (and I guess power to low-amp electronics) purposes? I see verious stuff on ebay but if I can get forum recommendations that would be helpful (yes, I'd like a link and no, I haven't searched the forum archive, because the missus is taking me out for a beer in the sunshine).

I'm not looking for masses of the stuff but a modest reel for present and future purposes would be neat.

Cheers chaps

lpdsn

Visit site
Whatever you use make sure it is screened. 4.8Kb is hardly high bandwidth, but you'll probably still end up with your cable alongside quite a few others and there's the potential for some corruption of messages.

Boo2

Visit site
What are people using in terms of a general-purpose twin core cable for NMEA (and I guess power to low-amp electronics) purposes? I see verious stuff on ebay but if I can get forum recommendations that would be helpful (yes, I'd like a link and no, I haven't searched the forum archive, because the missus is taking me out for a beer in the sunshine).

I'm not looking for masses of the stuff but a modest reel for present and future purposes would be neat.
Nigel Mercier is/was selling some twin core shielded cable that meets the actual NMEA183 specs and at a good price. I bought enough for my requirements and it seems of excellent quality. Try PM'ing him via http://www.ybw.com/forums/member.php?26203-nigelmercier

Hth,

Boo2

ex-Gladys

Visit site
I actually don't ever run twin core as you may want to connect something else. I buy screened alarm cable from Maplins 4 or 6 core... also if you ever suspect a core you just have to connect the spare cores...

Last edited: