Turkey Marina deals??

Toutvabien

Visit site
Is anybody aware of any good long term deals in Turkish marinas? The heat seems to have gone out of some of their prices and some friends are looking for an 11m x3.5m berth to start this winter.

Squeaky

Visit site
Good morning:

I suggest your friend does some internet research for the marinas in the area he wishes to visit and then contact the appropriate marinas by e-mail to find out what is on offer. I recently took advantage of a massive discount of 20% when renewing my contract with Netsel Marina in Marmaris which is the best marina I have ever used.

While on the subject I don't understand why boaters base their choice of marina on the cost rather than other points such as location and convenience.

Cheers

Squeaky

sailaboutvic

Visit site
cost , location and convenience for us is all part of the same thing , although we don't spend much time in Marinas over winter , being close to an airport and warm mild weather comes very close to the price of the marina .
in years gone by an big liveaboad commute also was importation but lately just to have a few liveaboard seen to work better , no marina politics, plus people seen to get on better .

Toutvabien

Visit site
Good morning:

I suggest your friend does some internet research for the marinas in the area he wishes to visit and then contact the appropriate marinas by e-mail to find out what is on offer. I recently took advantage of a massive discount of 20% when renewing my contract with Netsel Marina in Marmaris which is the best marina I have ever used.

While on the subject I don't understand why boaters base their choice of marina on the cost rather than other points such as location and convenience.

Cheers

Squeaky

Hi Ya,

They have done all that research, just looking for some suggestions in case anybody had some other good ideas which they had missed.

satsuma

Visit site
I use Kas marina, which gives excellent service for the price. Location is also excellent close to kekova which are very enjoyable cruising grounds, antalya airport is a couple of hours drive or coach ride away(20tl), and the marina sits about 500m walk from the old town. Facilities are also superb, with shower blocks, supermarket, bars and restaurants on site, and use of the swimming pool and beach, plus usual high priced technical services, pump out is free.
Not sure about any specific deals, but my 12m costs 3000euros, and because it is a setur group marina, you get significant savings (50%) when visiting other setur Marinas, and 10% off at the new marina in rhodes. As well as the discount, they also add these days spent in other setur Marinas on to your existing contract, up to 30 days, so in effect you can get a kind of 13 months for the price of 12.