Trust a Politician

TheBoatman

Visit site
On the news tonight!

Today was supposed to be the day that the tolls were removed from the Dartford Crossing.

BUT apparently it's been sold and now goes under the name of "Le Crossing" and charges are to remain.

When asked by a reporter "why had the government gone back on its promise to drop charges" the politician replied "we have NOT gone back on any promises, we have simply changed our policy" and added that the charges were being left in place as a type of Congestion control. Never mind that the barriers act like a filter anyway.
Now I dont know about you lot but that has got to be the biggest load of bull I've heard in years. They are now the proud owner of the biggest cash collector in Europe and proves to me that you should NEVER, EVER trust a politician

<hr width=100% size=1>

RichardPerou

Visit site
Well someone has to pay for the war. Don't hold your breath on fuel duty for boats or a tax on pleasure craft.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimi

Visit site
Wonder how much crap we're getting dealt whilst the press is otherwise engaged. Wouls suggest that now is a good time to get the publicly unpalatable out the way from a governmental point of view!

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
i'll try that on mrs s2b
darling i know i said i would not go to the pub tonight
well i have been
i was not lying merely operating a change in pol....*SMACK* /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

davidhand

Visit site
The last honest politician

When I was a lad "they" built a new toll bridge onto Hayling Island, some years later after crossing it on my motor bike I noticed that the toll had been removed. After making enquires I was told that it had now paid for itself. That was in the fifties and probably the last time a politician kept his word. I hope he has a statue somewhere.

<hr width=100% size=1>

peterb

Visit site
Remember, "liar" is unparliamentary language.

There are lies, damned lies, and statistics; there are liars, damned liars, and politicians. But I've always been doubtful about the first of those propositions.

<hr width=100% size=1>

TheBoatman

Visit site
The local elections are coming up soon and I can't wait to have some sport with the poor sod that choses my door to knock on<s>

<hr width=100% size=1>