Trials and tribulations buying shoes and buying boats WARNING SEXIST SHOPPING CONTENT

cliffdale

Visit site
So, when I go to buy some new shoes, I go into a shoe shop and try on a pair. Hmm, their comfy and the right price so i'll have them. SHMBO says no you dont, you haven't shopped around yet. So 2 towns and 2 cities later, having visited every shoe shop in the South West, I can buy a pair of shoes. The shoes I wear now, I kid you not, I scrape the heals along the ground to wear them out so i can go off and buy another pair!

So back to boat buying.

Today I looked at two lovely boats, one was just right and one was bigger than wanted but I loved it!

So when I mentioned leaving a deposit, I got, ' its the first boat you looked at, there are hundreds for sale, so you better wait until you have looked at others first'.

I says, 'their lovely boats. They wont be up for sale long'

*** Deleted*** ***Deleted*** ***Deleted***

Hornet_UK

Visit site
If you see a boat you like put a sensible offer in and go for it!

I found that although there are loads of boats for sale only a few ticked all the right boxes and were in my price range (20k). Also I found that if you spent too long procrastinating over a good boat someone else will put an offer in and you end up in a bidding war. By the way that happened to me several times. So in the end I found a boat I liked then put a very sensible offer for her there and then Subject to survey, deal done!:D

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Happened to me with Indigo. It was the first Twister I saw and I loved it, but logic said I should look at what else was for sale. So I looked at every other Twister on the market (about 6 at the time) then bought Indigo having wasted several days and a few tanks of four star.