Travesty of the day

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
New Firewall at rolled out in the office today. Blocks URL's containing words 'chat' or 'forum'. Consequence, can no longer access this site at work and will have to either:
a) come home early
b) do some work instead.

Still you know what they say 'less is more'!

byron

RIP
Visit site
If the Firewall is on your PCs hard drive it is a simple matter to enter and 'allow' those which you wish to allow.

http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

G

Well done that office management. It might mean less tosh and triviality around.

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: Bah Humbug!

May I be the first to wish you Seasons Greetings, and hope you and your family have a wonderful festive season and a thoroughly enjoyable holiday.

Maybe you'll return full of the spirit of xmas, and with an enlightened attitude towards your fellow men

oldgit

Visit site
Re: Bah Humbug!

A Christmas the season to ....spend to much
eat to much
drink to much
thee opportunity to row with ALL your nearest and dearest.IMHO. Ebeneezer( A miser)Scrooge.

NV.

claymore

Visit site
Bastards

Have a word with someone in payroll and get them to cock the December BACS payment for the systems manager.
If you catch a weasel asleep - pee in its ear.

regards
Claymore

Forbsie

Visit site
You don't work for Br*tish L*nd, do you?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.seafin.co.uk>Tender to...</A>

wakeup

Visit site
Have a day off Deckhead -NM

In fact take the rest of the millenium off..... its been said many a time Dickmeister, its a FIFO policy Fit In or Feck Off.

I just can't be arsed...

SteveA

Visit site
I have a similiar Firewall at work but it's not very bright!.

When I try to come on to this forum directly it is blocked but coming through a search engine always works.

Hope this works for you!

chippie

Visit site
WAKEUP

Are you serious Wakeup?
You slag off deckmaster for having a responsible attitude to work.
The number of times I have seen posts here bemoaning the lack of service in the marine industry and British industry in general makes me wonder whether those posters who are viewing the forum during working hours are typical of those they are moaning about.
Hassling someone to fit in with non performers is a pretty pie eyed view of the workplace and one's reason for being there IMHO.
If I have misjudged the tenor of your post , I apologise.

Seasons Greetings to You and Yours

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: WAKEUP

I do berlieve the post was a little tongue in cheek. IMHO. But Deckmaster really does go a little far in most of his posts, always takes the PC/moral stance, where as us mear mortals..........he reminds me of a headmaster. Theres nothing wrong with a little frivolity at work, very good for moral. But I agree, too much non productive time wastes money. But on the other hand maybe management is at fault, allowing it's employees to be under utilised? Theres always two or more sides to a story. all this is of course IMHO, wouldn't want to upset deckmaster..........again!

wakeup

Visit site

I'll forgive you because you are obviously not at all familliar with Deckmaster's continous posts to this forum berating posters hereabouts the fact that we

a) Have fun
b) don't always talk about boats
c) enjoy banter between the participants which he doesn't get
d) his posts would be more welcome in scuttlebut and not motor boat Chat which is at it suggest is chat.

In fact his attitude towards many around here has led him to be known by many ad Dickmeister. This is not a name I invented for him. Just take a look at some of the exchanges and attacks this guy has launched on posters hereabouts by looking at his history. Especially look at posts to Learner. I think you'll find his sort shouldn't be made welcome on this incredibly friendly, helpful and socialable forum.

Your defence of him his admirable but misplaced.

My posting served its purposed as experience has shown with DM that protracted friendly discussion gets you nowhere with him so the only way to get through to his dead cells is to be abrupt and use language even he can understand. I am happy to say this approach seems to have worked becasue he hasn't been back on this particular forum since.

Can't be arsed...

wakeup

Visit site

I don't think that's strange I am sure that one day we'll meet and get on like a couple of drunks in a chinese restaurant.

Can't be arsed...