Travelling with your boat

Bigplumbs

Visit site
One of the great joys of boating for us is towing our boat to different locations around the UK. I tend to only tow unbraked trailers these days as salt water, Trailers and Brakes dont play well together.

We can tow with our small motor home but dont like putting that down a slipway, You cant tow a caravan and a boat but can of course take a sib with this set up. We have also a small micro camper that we converted from a Toyota Previa which is 23 years old but only done 80K miles. We find this and a driveaway awning to work well. We also found this lovely camp site in Brixham which is very boat friendly.

Video below of our camping set up and Wall Park camp site in Brixham.... We try and do it comfortably :)

Was wondering how others travel with their boats

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Can we see a video of everything being packed into the previa?
It must be a tardis to carry all that
With the roof box it all packs in with quite a lot of space to spare. The only thing that goes in the Boat is the blow up canoe.

The Previa was the Motive8 which was obviously designed for 8 people and some luggage. I have taken all but the two front seats out and only added a fraction of the weight back with my micro camper build. So from a weight perspective the 6 people etc and the remaining weight from the seats would be way more than I load in.

Once loaded I can still see out of the rear window in the mirror.

Modern air beam tents dont weigh too much. Total time to decamp and load up is about 2 hours in nice weather. So for a 9 night stay very insignificant :)

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Yes I do ... or did. In between boats at the moment. The next one will be kept in the water too. Watched the video ... do you leave anything at home?
I have about 12 boats, Some are at home 2 are on the water and some at at my Mothers Property.