Transporting packages from Greece to UK

ITH

Winter in Kent, rest of the year on board
Visit site
With our yacht up for sale (in Leros) we need to decant its many personal contents, and have them transported back to the UK this year. Can anybody recommend - or have personal experience - of a reliable service? Googled quotes from the larger transport companies are terrifying.

V1701

Visit site
I'll PM you with the email address of a guy I used a few times when I had a boat in Greece who's based in Porto Cheli so he might be able to help if he's still working. Friendly, reliable and costs were very reasonable...

Caladh

Visit site
With our yacht up for sale (in Leros) we need to decant its many personal contents, and have them transported back to the UK this year. Can anybody recommend - or have personal experience - of a reliable service? Googled quotes from the larger transport companies are terrifying.
We moved our boat from Leros to Preveza to sell - better all round. We then boxed up our kit and had it collected by a company In Daventry (U.K. run but Greek owner) at very reasonable costs and we did sell the boat there.

ITH

Visit site
We moved our boat from Leros to Preveza to sell - better all round. We then boxed up our kit and had it collected by a company In Daventry (U.K. run but Greek owner) at very reasonable costs and we did sell the boat there.
That's interesting Caladh: we spent some years in Lefkas and know the area quite well. I will talk to our broker regarding Leros vs Lefkas, but can I ask the name of your transport company and the cost? PM me if you prefer. Thanks

Caladh

Visit site
That's interesting Caladh: we spent some years in Lefkas and know the area quite well. I will talk to our broker regarding Leros vs Lefkas, but can I ask the name of your transport company and the cost? PM me if you prefer. Thanks
We tried selling in Leros for 6 months and decided that buyers would have to be seriously interested to make the effort to see the boat there hence to move to the Ionian which took us 3 weeks at a leisurely pace ! Although there are many more boats for sale there, it has much easier access. I guess your other option is to move you boat to the Athens area.

ITH

Visit site
Try Mondial - based in North London, I used them to transport boat equipment between the UK and Corfu a couple of years ago and they were most helpfull

I'll PM you with the email address of a guy I used a few times when I had a boat in Greece who's based in Porto Cheli so he might be able to help if he's still working. Friendly, reliable and costs were very reasonable...

Thanks V1701: tried your guy, but no response. I'll let you know if any subsequent contact.

grumpygit

Visit site
?

For me this guy (George) is useless, he let me down very badly with false promises. If you get stuck I can give you a firm that will do it very reasonably. What part of the UK do you need your delivery?

Other threads that may be of interest