trailer-sailor

IGNITION

Visit site
i am thinking of buying my first trailer sailor something around 18-20 ft.i am wanting to leave the boat permantly moored at wells-next-the-sea in norfolk.
what i want to know is would i be better with a twin keeled boat or a lifting keeled boat?i thought that a twin keeled would be better so that when the tide goes out the boat would stay upright in the sand of its mooring?

thanks for your help

<hr width=100% size=1>

Benbow

Visit site
You are in the home of the Norfolk Gypsy, a superlative, if expensive, trailerable little yacht. Go and see Charlie Ward at Morston. If nothing else it will set the standard you will judge others by.

For trailering, a centreboard makes life MUCH easier, and they dry-out more-or-less upright. And for the E coast the option of reducing draft to almost nothing is very useful too.

<hr width=100% size=1>

William_H

Visit site
good luck with your search for trailer sailer a light weight up to 21 ft may also suit. With swing keel don't let people tell you that fowling is a problem in the keel box. It certainly isn't on my lifting keel TS because the light doesn't get in. This in an area that fowls very quickly warm water lots of sun. regards will.

<hr width=100% size=1>

MarkV

Visit site
A lifting keel should make it easier to get the boat on and off a trailer, twin keels will mean that there will not be a keel box in the middle of the cabin giving you more room inside.

<hr width=100% size=1>

StugeronSteve

Visit site
Usually lots of Swifts about in the £4k-£6k bracket. Superb little boats, I enjoyed mine. There was often one for sale at Rutland SC, athough they did tend to change hands within the club.

<hr width=100% size=1>Think I'll draw some little rabbits on my head, from a distance they might be mistaken for hairs.