Tony Chappel goes LARGE!

MapisM

Visit site
Maybe he got special discounts from IPC, based on the traffic generated on their site thanks to him...

Sixpence

Visit site
Nice looking boats but would you buy one off this man /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Funny how many of us actually subscribe to the magazines isn't it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tn_tradersaga.jpg

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
So lets get this right ybw are happy to accept tarquins money for advertising a product which they know is substandard ( ie the quality of the vessel and the quality of the service being well below a safe standard ) and yet they pull threads about tarquin with a paranoid streak about being sued for libel

This does not add up conflict of interest etc springs to mind

Instead of taking tarquins money for advertising revenue ybw should be doing press articles about their lack of performance which is good journalism which sells magazines

so ybw can you enlighten us mere mortals which side of the fence are you on

and please ybw staff no patronising platitudes

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
which is good journalism which sells magazines

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't make money selling magazines. You make the money from the advertising.

Unless you are like me and sell your magazine for £22.95 and £27.95 a copy.

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
Just got my copy delivered on 18th (bit late).
I am tempted to tear trader add up and post back to them with a short note letting them know they are wasting their time with me.
What do other forumites think of this approach?

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
[ QUOTE ]

You can't make money selling magazines. You make the money from the advertising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree magazines make money from advertising but there comes with this social responsibility how can a responsible magazine allow dodgey companies to advertise with them as this reflects on their image by association yes they need the revenue but they could also be liable for any false claims made by their client ie u know who

especially as the saga has been widely commented on here by many level headed forumites by this I mean that forumites here are by nature boat owners which is a pastime of those who are not unintellegent if this was an yahoo type of forum then the comments would be from a bunch of gobbling morons here on ybw that is not the case

What i would comment on is that the adverts should not be allowed to continue especially in view of any impending legal action as this is inappropriate and could put ybw in a compromising situation

Ebay for example have very strict policies for non performing sellers and as such they are not allowed to continue to trade ( no silly comments here pls ) so why should ybw be different at the end of the day u no who is a non performing vendor and as such should be banned from advertising here and elsewhere

Coupe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

tn_tradersaga.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Trader Generation II - Ten Key Features.
1) Reveloutionary engine fixings - can be removed in seconds
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

OK guys, over to you /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Paul: Please don't take offence but I believe for one that Tony Chappell keeps a keen eye on what is written here and he should take note of the sympathy we have for you as this saga continues. Not only sympathy my friend but also admiration for they way you will see this to the bitter end.

TC: you are a disgrace and rest assured that everyone here will do whatever is in their power to advise people not to purchase from you.

Sixpence

Visit site
Pay for blue gelcoat and you'll get ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, white gelcoat with blue paint /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif most expensive paint job ever /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lakesailor

Visit site
2) Spray on Blue Gelcoat
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Do it properly then.

Coupe

Visit site
2) Spray on Blue Gelcoat - touch up cans available at Halfords and other High Street outlets.
3) Automatic oil storage system in bilge - just scoop it up and pour it back in.
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Next.

SP2

www.rightsofway.co.uk
2) Spray on Blue Gelcoat - touch up cans available at Halfords and other High Street outlets.
3) Automatic oil storage system in bilge - just scoop it up and pour it back in.
4) Patented crumple zone keel.
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Next.

landlockedpirate

Visit site
4) Patented crumple zone keel.
5)Unique engine room live bait storage system .
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Coupe

Visit site
4) Patented crumple zone keel
5) Unique engine room live bait storage system
6) Unique additional water storage in lights
7)
8)
9)
10)

next