?? To Stamp Or Not To Stamp - Just So You Know. ??

Alicatt

Visit site
We were advised that we would have to show our residency ID/papers to avoid getting the UK passport stamped when entering another Schengen country when traveling to Belgium.

The report you quote is what we expected to happen.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Stamp in UK passport entering France clashes with EU advice.
it would be France but it will be interesting to see what other EU states do.?
In practical terms it is of little consequence.??

Will be interesting to see what will happen at passport control when those folks try to leave France many months later having (according to passport) overstayed their welcome. If those of us with residence somewhere are in the Schengen database, maybe that will overrule passport stamps, when they're scanned.

Alicatt

Visit site
Will be interesting to see what will happen at passport control when those folks try to leave France many months later having (according to passport) overstayed their welcome. If those of us with residence somewhere are in the Schengen database, maybe that will overrule passport stamps, when they're scanned.
Not allowed to leave Belgium, still awaiting on my ID card, not stamped in but the govt here has said I cannot leave until my status is settled. my European health card arrived today, so that is one thing and I have my registration number.

Crisby

Visit site
Not allowed to leave Belgium, still awaiting on my ID card, not stamped in but the govt here has said I cannot leave until my status is settled. my European health card arrived today, so that is one thing and I have my registration number.

HI, just out of curiosity, is your EHIC for health care in Belgium as a resident? I ask as I have been told that Greece won’t allow EHICs for residents health care as it is supposed to be for temporary visitors only. Because of this we’re having to look into potentially expensive private care.

Chris

Alicatt

Visit site
HI, just out of curiosity, is your EHIC for health care in Belgium as a resident? I ask as I have been told that Greece won’t allow EHICs for residents health care as it is supposed to be for temporary visitors only. Because of this we’re having to look into potentially expensive private care.

Chris
Yes it is as a resident in Belgium, it has my Belgian national ID number on it and the Mutual I'm registered with.
My UK EHIC is still valid until June 2022 according to the latest info given out by the UK government.
All health care in Belgium is private but is not too expensive, you pay for treatment and your mutual pays back a large portion to you, if it is a large bill, you submit it to the mutual and they pay directly to the hospital/doctor and you pay the residual

nortada

Visit site

Chris

Absolutely, EHIC is just for emergency medicine for visitors, not those living in their host country.

I have been ‘visiting’ Portugal since Sep 2002 and have had a few visits to Portuguese state medical facilities. They have a full record of my visits but have never challenged my need for medical care backed by my EHIC.

Why should they - it’s the U.K. that picks up the final bill. Wonder if the bill to the U.K. is inflated?

Crisby

Visit site
Interestingly, when we originally registered as resident in Greece 2 years ago our EHICs were accepted but in the transition to Biometrics post Brexit things seem to have changed......

Chris

Alicatt

Visit site

Chris
Misread your comment, it is for when I am out of Belgium, it covers for the EU and other countries, no mention of UK on it though, nor is there mention of the UK on my wife's one either and they both arrived in the same envelope today.
IMG_3863.jpg
IMG_3864.jpg

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Misread your comment, it is for when I am out of Belgium, it covers for the EU and other countries, no mention of UK on it though, nor is there mention of the UK on my wife's one either and they both arrived in the same envelope today.

In common with your Belgian ones, we were issued with Portuguese EHIC cards as well as health number in state system. Still have the UK issued EHICs as well.

Metabarca

Visit site
I have a similar card in Italy, called the tessera sanitaria. It is used for all things medical in Italy (not just to log you in in hospital, but also for the purchase of any drugs that are not free; for instance, aspirin: show your card to the pharmacist and some or all of the cost will be offset against your tax bill). On the back, the card states 'tessera europea di assicurazione malattia', i.e. the EHIC. Assuredly, this is what Alicatt has.

Alicatt

Visit site
I have a similar card in Italy, called the tessera sanitaria. It is used for all things medical in Italy (not just to log you in in hospital, but also for the purchase of any drugs that are not free; for instance, aspirin: show your card to the pharmacist and some or all of the cost will be offset against your tax bill). On the back, the card states 'tessera europea di assicurazione malattia', i.e. the EHIC. Assuredly, this is what Alicatt has.
That used to be how it worked here with a separate medical card incorporating the EHIC, but now it is all done via your national ID card for medicines, doctors, and hospital visits etc., you can also go online and with a card reader and ID card you can access your medical history and also all your x-rays etc. The EIHC is now a separate card for those that want to go outside the borders of Belgium.