To all the "woodies" out there

jamie N

Visit site
Yup, the engine's being redone by its new owner, ready to go into wooden Folkboat 'Faerie Nuff'. Stakkr will get her new engine 'soon', probably when the weather's a bit better. I've changed the sink area a bit also, and changed it more to something like a chart table, also we swapped the toilet out; 'nuff said:eek:! Still to also do is changing out the roller reefing to a traditional forestay. The hull now takes on around about a pint a week, which isn't too far from where it can realistically ever be. We're also having a cockpit tent made by Owen sails, which will enhance the planned west coast trip this summer. And varnishing, and more varnishing............!

Niander

Visit site
Still to also do is changing out the roller reefing to a traditional forestay.

Omg Are you mad!.....P

Bloody wood boats!

sampeeter

Visit site
The first Woodies on the Wharf, in 1994, featured around three dozen woodies, already making it the second-largest round-up of woodies in the world. The event has grown to over 200 woodies, and Santa Cruz Woodies expects the momentum to keep going for its 20th anniversary, happening Saturday, June 21st.

jamie N

Visit site
Stakkr will be doing the Scottish traditional boat festival (STBF) at Portsoy in early July, hopefully along with one other varnished Folkboat. I believe that there's usually quite a large gathering of varnish sniffers in attendance!

Last edited:

PhillM

Visit site
Paean will be at the Cowes Classics Week 20th-24th July

http://www.cowesclassicsweek.org/

There is an every growing fleet of classic cruisers, so much so that there will be three fleets of cruisers this year, including one for people like me who have no idea about and no real intention of serious racing. Some of the other fleets take it quite seriously, but at our end we see it as going for a sail round a few cans, then back for another party :)

Everyone berths in Shepherds wharf and there is a great holiday atmosphere.