Time heals all wounds

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
It's no secret that I've been sort of fed up with this boating lark for a little while now. Crap weather this year, more boat bits need fixing now, surviving on water and bread because of the boat (our eldest commented - Dad, do you realise that if it wasn't for the boat we would be quite well off), etc... It left me wondering more than once: Why do I do it?

Today - ferry crossing Dover-Dunkirk. Sun, some wind, and... two yachts crossing the Channel. And then the thought: that should have been us. Guess all's not lost then /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Off to strip the old teak deck tomorrow - should be done by Friday.
Onwards & upwards.

FullCircle

Visit site
Needed to get to boat this weekend, but all of lifes other little problems and requirements kept me away.

Looking forward to Thursday - plumber is hooking up the new gas fire in the new fireplace, and servicing the central heating so that will work as well. Not to mention we get on board for our last cruise of the year, 5 days including the Laying Down Supper.

It will still be another crap week at work, so will have gritted teeth to get through.

Like Guapa, I am skinter than a poor bloke the day before payday.

Wanna sail on Saturday or Sunday Will?

sailorman

Visit site
Well i get a Lay-in tomurra as i got the DCM last week /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

still at least getting all those jobs done @ home /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif but the pay aint to good but Hrs ok /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]

Wanna sail on Saturday or Sunday Will?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the offer - would love to...
However, only getting back late PM Saturday.
After 6 days of toil, think Sunday will be spent 'recovering' (not 21 anymore).

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Will

Totally know where your coming from. The last year has been difficult a drain on resource and frustrating. I like most of us do not have a bottom less pot of money.
However its weekends and times like Oostend trip this year Burnham week and the quiet weekends hidden away (even in the rain) that keep us coming back for more and digging deep into our bank accounts.
For us our plan has now started to come together and we have added our names to the waiting list at St Rapheal Marina in Cyprus. So one step closer to our goal and i am sure that with a few enjoyable passages and family times afloat that the dark days will be a distant memory.
Hope your deck work turns out as well as you wish for and for a better season next year.

Neville & Janey