Tiller pin for Raymarine ST2000

anoccasionalyachtsman

Visit site
Does the pin have do be absolutely vertically in relation to the pilot or is there leeway of a few degrees as my tiller is curved?

On my similar Simrad the plastic end plug on the actuator rod can be unscrewed a little to cope with this, and I've done so with mine - which is about 20 degrees off vertical. It's not in the manual, but it works for me...

I did notice that it seemed to be threadlocked with clear silicone and so unscrewed it completely and put it back with fresh.

STOL71

www.shuda-sailing.com
On my similar Simrad the plastic end plug on the actuator rod can be unscrewed a little to cope with this, and I've done so with mine - which is about 20 degrees off vertical. It's not in the manual, but it works for me...

I did notice that it seemed to be threadlocked with clear silicone and so unscrewed it completely and put it back with fresh.

Many thanks.
Does anyone have experience with the Raymarine tiller pilot ST2000 re the above?

Daverw

Visit site
On our last boat the pin was angled back, we just turned the black plastic end of the rod to suit, it clipped on and never came off