Tiller pilot auto helm wanted Southampton cash

Seajet

Visit site
For a start, what size boat, ie which model autohelm ?

Not sure this is the place, you probably ought to place a wanted ad' on the for sale / wanted forum, though I for one don't look there !

If you need it ASAP and have cash, Raymarine will be keen to talk.

Seajet

Visit site
Well Paul, you have come over to me at least as a little brash, crashing onto a discussion forum with a wanted ad'.

My first autopilot was a Mini Seacourse, which was indeed secondhand - from a chandlery in the days they did that sort of thing.

Fact is, it's an important bit of kit, and each one is not without problems - the early generation Mini Seacourse was pretty feeble and was replaced by an Autohelm 1000 which worked well for years, then I upgraded to a 2000 which lasted 30 seconds !

The free replacement seems fine but there are plenty of warnings on here to make sort sort of rain / spray protection.

Bearing these sort of problems in mind, and as you say you need it urgently, this is the sort of thing worth digging into your funds for to get a new one.

On a Tiger an 800 would do fine - years ago it would have seemed powerful enough for quite big boats as no-one would expect so much as we do nowadays - but a 1000 would be a lot better for heavier conditions if you could stretch to it, and a 2000 a lot better still though that is more money than you need to spend.