This is one way to increase the length of your boat!

Visit site
Hi Barry just another 'cut and shut' job :D.f

All cruise ships are 'cut 'n shut' jobs. They are constructed as modules (in yards sometimes thousands of miles apart) then just shipped in and welded together. There is a world of difference between a cruise ship and a genuine ocean liner, the former being significantly less sea-worthy which explains why they have to run for port when weather/ sea conditions deteriorate and which liners would take in their stride.

aidanuk

Visit site
Interesting video.

I wonder if they have to do anything with the engines / propulsion systems to compensate for all the extra size / weight.

davidej

Visit site
Interesting video.

I wonder if they have to do anything with the engines / propulsion systems to compensate for all the extra size / weight.

Usually not.

My brother was a ferry captain and had this done to his ship -actually in this case they sliced it horizontally and slipped an extra car deck in.

He said it felt very underpowered especially in a blow.

davidej

Visit site
Interesting video.

Usually not.

My brother was a ferry captain and had this done to his ship -actually in this case they sliced it horizontally and slipped an extra car deck in.

He said it felt very underpowered especially in a blow.