This Bulletin Board

charles_reed

Visit site
Having been away nearly 3 months, sailing round Iberia, I was surprised when I came back to the board.

A totally new look - a server which works and doesn't induce a frenzy of frustration. Nasty childish posters contained and kept out, better layout, easier navigation. A vast improvement.

But the board - about half the traffic and what there is is pretty boring

Where is von Thadden? one misses the paroxysms into which he used to drive the ethnically deprived.
Where are mad Niges' "streams of consciousness" postings to add to its surreal nature.
Come back Bill Cooper - have a go at the RYA.
Violetta are you still there - how's the Macwester, still sailing into the sunset?
Bluebeard's still here but domesticated out of recognition.
James Jermain has curbed his mordant humour.
And Wully - I'm surprised, you've kept off anything which might have been contentious; are you back in PAYE and thus broken-spirited?
Marian Martin where's your spoon.
Even James T H Dillon has given up posting anything on the board about Boat Jumbles.

Oh God it's all so tame - perhaps you're all happily sailing?
Well so will I by Friday, round to Cascais and then to pick up son 1 at Lagos by the 19th.

Meanwhile enjoy crossing la Manche, prepare in trepiditation your trips to Wooton Creek, cross the N Sea using nothing but a compass and lead-line - have fun, keep sailing, brighten up the board.

jollyjacktar

Visit site
Aye Aye Charlie Boy!

Just try some of that old scuttlebutt stuff and you'll get a heap of dried up prunes trying to kill the thing off. This page is becoming hard to distinguish from any other forum posted at this site. But I agree we need some good natured scuttlebutt stuff 'cause things are a little dull around here at the moment and after all what is scuttlebutt anyway.

G

Re: Aye Aye Charlie Boy!

I'd agree, if this board could foster good natured banter rather than the purile insult slinging that brought it to its knees last time then we'd be onto a winner.

Marion's bb is quite fun but seems to have become the East Coast wooden boaters forum with eco-warriors at all ports of call.

Chris Enstone, Rival Spirit

G

As Chris has said, most of the names you mention have now started to post on Marians BB - www.voy.com/27508 - on a regular basis. Most look in and drift by here as well, but the 'good old days' when SB had the monopoly of "fun" discussion has gone.

BTW

Where is von Thadden??