Thirslet Spit buoy missing

tillergirl

Visit site
No buoy there today as we trolled up the River. Noddy from Maldon in his Tug 'GW108' was running back and forth over the area as though scaning for it so perhaps it has sunk. Any visitors passing up the Blackwater for the first time should leave the yellow racing buoys opposite St Lawrence Bay and Stone to Starboard.

ianc1200

Visit site
I thought I couldn't see it Saturday afternoon but thought it was my bad navigation (if fact prob was).

Sure it didn't come adrift on Sunday though, there was some big waves against the flood tide?

IanC

Hunson

Visit site
I am sure it was there Saturday as I sure our race course took us upto the doctor and around thirslet before heading back up toward maldon.

But at the time I thought it was a different bouy that we should have been going round.

Can't remember if its No'3 or No'4.

Don't know about sunday as they only raced down the doubles.

tillergirl

Visit site
Well it definitely was there last week but not yesterday. Sunday might well have done it; it was pretty nasty. Anybody know if those measured posts are still besides the Colne. I need to calibrate my log.

stevebrassett

Visit site
The buoy appears to be living at the Blackwater Marina, awaiting repair. I've not been down the river for a while, so there might well be a replacement by now. The main body of the buoy has a nasty split around the top edge, so I guess someone hit it.