Things said to YM examiner

jimi

Visit site
During my YM exam I was asked what 7 short hoots meant. My response was "F#@k off! I'm turning to port!" The examiner then had a fit of the giggles, don't think he had really recovered from the "Have you a medical condition or do you always stand like that?"

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
The course with Southern Sailing evidently money much better spent than the money with Southern School of Deportment.
eh Jamsie????
;-)

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.</font color=red>

jimi

Visit site
Re: C\'mon oh great YM

Not telling you ... guess !!

And no looking up ... Could it be a pilot vessel operating astern propulsion? A pilot vessel in underway not making way in fog turning to starboard .. the possibilities are endless ..

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: seven toots

If asked this in my theory in a few weeks time I think I will put down.....wake up wake up and make your intentions clear......but I will be checking the book first.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimi

Visit site

Absolutely right .. the five toots signal is at least 5 toots so it could be more than 5!

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
....and

How did you know about the suspenders? You aren't one of these hackers that defrauded over 53,000 brits of £1.2bn last year are you?

<hr width=100% size=1>

chriscallender

Visit site

It means "vessel with faulty wiring in fog, tooter going off on every wave approaching you"

Chris

<hr width=100% size=1>