the new yacht 'A' : short on davits ?

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
You need to distinguish between yachts that are nice to look at and those which are comfortable to cruise in.

This is beautiful :

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=4facf121ef99ac85d267f369fd802f1f&oe=59FB7D71

This is comfortable :

http://amel50.com/fr/

It is indeed true but there are many examples of comfortable sailing vessels that fail the row away test, in the end it comes down in most cases to personal taste and this is a prime example, no doubt it is supremely comfortable and luxurious but there are not many that would call it beautiful. You must forgive me my jest with you, there is nothing personal just a difference of opinion on what looks good.
I will give you another example, there is a thread on the build of a Bestevaer 49ST a fine boat that will do it's owners proud, a magnificent construction, very comfortable but in my poor opinion not aesthetically pleasing to look at externally.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
All subjective. I see the vessel as ground breaking, innovative and stunning.

Its maybe why its called Yacht A and not Old Codger.

;)

I can agree with stunning:rolleyes: and no doubt it will break some ground when it goes aground:p and yes I suppose it's innovative but so to is felching:eek:

D

Deleted member 36384

All subjective. I see the vessel as ground breaking, innovative and stunning.

Its maybe why its called Yacht A and not Old Codger.

;)

Goodness gracious, don't believe the justifications. No one who spends millions or the people they are buying from are going to say, "look, Mr Olly Graph, I know you wanted ground breaking and innovative, but to be honest, we have f'kd up and it's just the ugliest boat we have made, ever, your gonna look like a right dick in it."

dogleg

Visit site
Thanks for that. Interesting sails, sort of high-tech junk. Do they roll into the booms? I'd guess it would point quite well, as a rig, but would be hampered by all the windage. I wonder what sort of keel it has?

when I saw it in Cartagena it did appear that the sails were rolled into the booms