The Forum Gathering...a misunderstanding?

G

Hugh We had a great time on the last meet - we are both up for it again - but, please try and organise some decent weather this time. If you are planning a BBQ at Priory Bay, choose a weekend with evening HW so we can get into Bembridge if conditions are not suitable for a night at anchor. Martin

G

Guys ..... Please the posting questioning my location and Solent etc. was directed at me. Let's leave those people to their own.

I agree about the evening tide for BBQ's .... as Priory Bay is good when LW is midday, but if you anchor of outside the 'reef' then it doesn't really matter ..... just an uncomfortable wet ride in !!!!!

I am planning to do a BBQ the next week July 13-14-15, whatever day is best ! That way I can beach Superanne, scrub her off - AND get ashore not tooo wet and have a BBQ ....... as LW is about midday....

Are you guys on for that as well ????

Maybe another location for July 6-7-8 bash ????

Cheers Nigel

G

I, the boats crew and the boats dog all agree totally with the above. Things are already moving ahead with this one though.

We all had a ball, lets do it again.

Simes and Crew

G

The Forum gathering was organised to put faces to names, the names of anyone who contributed to the Forum. It was hoped also to put in a good couple of days sailing and have sociable evenings. Am I right guys?

Anyone could have organised this. If someone from Mars had said “can we all meet up and I suggest the Solent” we would have gone, whether “he” brought his boat or not. Anybody was welcome, South of England types, Northern types or Est types. (Deliberate spelling, you work it out though I suspect the idiots that question the meeting can’t rub their two brain cells together fast enough).

Wet types, moaning types, impostor types would have been uncomfortable in the company.

It’s all down to Nigel, Simes, Colin, Martin etc for suggesting/organising/booking/weather forecasting that it all happened. WE had a good time and we'll do it again. Am I right guys?

Any detractors can go to…… ….. ….. some other meeting…. or some other forum… preferably one where lions are let in.

Hugh