The Caine Mutiny

Rabbie

Visit site
This Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Herman Wouk about a US Navy destroyer/minesweeper in the Pacific in WW2 is my all-time favourite read. The quality of the writing and descriptions of navy life and assorted characters makes it extremely addictive to read over and over again. You will not be bored - apart maybe, of the 'love aspect' which takes up a minor part of the story. It is so good I have a copy at home, and one on the boat. Get one!.

Ships_Cat

Visit site
Haven't thought about that yarn for many years - and long, long time since I read it. Also remember the Queeg depictions in the Mad Magazine's own version of the storyline.

Definitely another reread to go on my list and have put a couple of nice copies on my watchlist to snaffle one up in a local internet auction.

Thanks for mentioning it.

John

Ships_Cat

Visit site
Now have a copy of the book and just need to shuffle it up the "to read" pile /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I don't think that I ever saw the movie, not that I can recall anyways. But keep recalling Queeg in "Mad" magazine with his steel balls.

John