The accidental angler on bbc2

Captain Coochie

Visit site
I've just watched this on BBC2 where a guy tries to find sea trout in the old rivers of London . Shame most of them are underground or now used as sewers like the River Fleet .
Anyway he caught one and was in tears aaawwwww .
It got me thinking , last summer when moored in kingston a fellow boater and i pulled out around seven shopping trolleys and put them on the pavement by the road for the supermarkets that we had contacted to collect .
People looked at us like we where dumping rubbish /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Gavi

Visit site
Some peeps were just talking about that in the pub... must look to se if it is repeated.

byron

RIP
Visit site
If you know the name of the program BBC could well have a web page on it and if you are really lucky a reply of it on-line.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The Wandle runs at the back of the Trading estate we are in and it does look clean now they've taken out the bikes and trollies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't planning permission given for a marina or something yachty just inside the mouth of the Wandle where it reach's the Thames, you can clearly see the area on Google Earth.
The area really lends itself to such a development, maybe one of you rich gits should consider doing it.

Gavi

Visit site
Ah, I used to know the Wandle quite well... used to live nearby and drink at The Crane on Armoury Way. Even met SWMBO there.

JKay

Visit site
Good programme...........But cynical me googled R.Wandle

last stock with brown trout in!..................2003 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cheers Joe

JKay

Visit site
did you see the programme?

was about a guy "discovering Wild SeaTrout"in London not

stocked fish /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cheers Joe

Kawasaki

Visit site
Saw the Title, thought "What's this all about "?
Fished for brownies as a kid.
Trout in London? avin a larf.
Got to watch, did watch.
Great bit of TV.
Having been involved in River/ fish resurection up in North Wales (yeh there's [--word removed--] up here as well)
Great to see peeps chuckin debri out the streams and rivers.
Guy said "If Sea trout make it up here there's a chance for Brown trout to survive"
Without going in "deep" Browns need a "purer" enviroment than Migratory (sea) trout. He came across lots of Course Fish in good nick, Dace and Chubb in what looked like poxy rivers. Good stuff. Interesting TV for a change

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
As I'm sitting here, dripping wet and shell shocked after riding in round the M25 this morning I feel that if I had the resources to develop a Marina I wouldn't be sitting here dripping wet and shell shocked. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
As for the Wandle I think it exits near Youngs Brewery, nice for a little drinky, perhaps not so good for ambiance!

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
[ QUOTE ]
As for the Wandle I think it exits near Youngs Brewery, nice for a little drinky, perhaps not so good for ambiance!

[/ QUOTE ]

Youngs Brewery will soon be no more as Youngs are moving brewing operations to Bedford - nostalgia immensica for Wandsworth-ites tho as the brewery has been there for over 400 years.
The Wandle certainly passes close by although it exits into the Thames almost half a mile further north.

Rumour has it that young bloods from the area would entreat the young laadies to join them for a 'fondle by the Wandle' /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
Crumbs, how things move on, lived for many years in Earlsfield and Wandsworth and the dray horses were a terrific sight indeed (unless you were stuck in the traffic behind them). Ah well thats progress I spose.

David2452

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Rumour has it that young bloods from the area would entreat the young laadies to join them for a 'fondle by the Wandle' /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to drink in a pub close to the river Uck, didn't get many takers to our similar entreates