Thank you

ArthurWood

Visit site
to ParaHandy and Gavin Moore for their sponsorship of my MS150 fundraising bike ride last weekend. They are the ONLY people to date to donate from these forums. Incredible, eh! Other sources have donated $2,000+
Well, the rest of you have a second chance: I'm riding another MS150 this weekend from Miami to Key Largo and back. The secure site for sponsorship is
https://www.nationalmssociety.org/pledge/pledge.asp?participantid=79745
Remember, proceeds will benefit MS sufferers worldwide through research done the US. It only takes a moment to donate as little or as much as you want to using your credit card at the website above.

markc

Visit site
Re: Thank you - Flame

ahhh....the make everyone feel guilty trip eh?! Listen, I really appreciate that you and many others raise money for charity, but surely, if you've rattled your collection box under everyone nose once, you don't need to do it again - especially with the guilt-trip angle.

all IMHO of course, prepared for return flames

PS, I hope the two donators were happy with you making their donation public

http://www.geocities.com/jinto100/Jintopics.html

ToMo

Just outside Budapest or In the Med (Corfu)
Visit site

Yes, I'm sorry Arthur, I have to agree with markc, this really isn't the place for a serious arm twisting.....imagine the scenario if we were all to ask for support for our efforts regarding our favorite charities!...it wouldn't be such a nice place to come to any more would it?...and I for one certainly can't afford to give more charity support than I already do.
Please do not be offended ...I commend you for your efforts, but don't turn it into bullying.
TôMö

BarryD

Visit site
Hello Arthur - do you know which charties I support and why I choose to support them? Like you I do sponsered events but unlike you I don't bully people into giving me money. I find your tone offensive.

Through difficulties to the bar (IMHO / FWIW / NWGOI)

jfm

Visit site
Arthur - serious flames follow

Arthur, I .......... eh?

Aha! - the old trick of deleting the original post after someone has already replied. Oh well, I've deleted this one too! <G>

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jfm on Wed Apr 24 17:30:35 2002 (server time).</FONT></P>

ArthurWood

Visit site
Re: Apologies to all

who were offended by my tactless posting. In hindsight, it wasn't very bright of me.

p.s JFM, I don't know what you mean about deleting orig post etc

markc

Visit site

Arthur, I see you have edited the above message, but I still found it offensive when I read it, even if it is not there now. So...

Can you please explain? Are you insinuating that I have no compassion, that I have other interests other than sponsoring your charity? True, I do have other interests, but they have sod all to do with you.

May I respectfully suggest that in future you keep your offensive comments to yourself.

Mark

http://www.geocities.com/jinto100/Jintopics.html

ArthurWood

Visit site

Mark - I unreservedly apologize. I have never before used the editing function and thought the message had not been posted until 'edit' disappeared. (what's the point of using an edit if it's already posted?) The fact that I edited it shows, I hope, that I regretted what I wrote and therefore changed it.
Now I understand jfm's comment to me re editing but was edited within a few seconds of posting, so I had not done it as a result of any other message, as I think he implied. Well, whatever, I'm sorry.

ccscott49

Visit site
I think you have aswell, it takes a big man like yourself to admit you were wrong and apologise, good on yer'