Thames Draw off 2007

Ramage

Visit site

Ramage

Visit site
Oh yes H, and very useful it is too!

Richard asked when the draw off is (on another thread).

I thought the subject deserved a thread of its own! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oldgit

Visit site
Having come through the locks from the Medway a few times ,would like to compliment all we came in contact with,most helpful to a man.The draw off pictures are excellent an as for some of those fish................

Ramage

Visit site
But it will only be a real hot story if "Shirlian" is there, marooned in a sea of mud.....

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Brayman

Visit site
I'll have you know that I am yet to earn the dubious honour of bing presented with a Bray "Mudlarks Certificate".
The only place I have been properly aground is about 15 feet off the Eton bank, and I wasn't even trying to moor!

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
As Kids Howard and I (Tedd Lock) used to head up into the weir stream at low tide and hoover up all the lost fishing tackle and flog it over the winter used to get bucket loads!

With a decent set of boots you can literally walk to eel pie island!

Brayman

Visit site
There definitely are places that could do with dredging and they could start with all the EA moorings, followed by popular moorings.
I don't advocate dredging for dredgings sake, but where it can improve navigation and mooring then the EA should consider it seriously.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
[ QUOTE ]
There definitely are places that could do with dredging and they could start with all the EA moorings, followed by popular moorings.
I don't advocate dredging for dredgings sake, but where it can improve navigation and mooring then the EA should consider it seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but it seems to get more complicated than that (doesn't it always?).

As I understand it the EA only have a duty to maintain minimum depths in the 'navigational channel' which doe snot include/ectend to 'bankside'.
Im many places the 'popular moorings' are the responsibility of the local authority rather than the EA.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... we need a comprehensive and co-ordinated plan which enjoys the co-operation of all the various players.....

I'll get me coat.......

Brayman

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
.... we need a comprehensive and co-ordinated plan which enjoys the co-operation of all the various players.....

I'll get me coat.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that something the Thames Alliance was supposed to be about?

oldgit

Visit site
"Been there, done that....."

Not JUST <span style="color:red"> </span> at Henley then................ /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

apollo

Visit site
Re: Thames Draw off 2007

I thought that was what the Thames Waterway Plan was all about - or is that just more BullDust like the annual EA magazine in January??? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ramage

Visit site
I hear a Cocker Spaniel had to be rescued from the mud just off Eel Pie Island a couple of days ago. Owner put himself at considerable risk going after it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif