Thames boat broker?

rich

www.portofjersey.je
Can anyone point me to a good broker on the Thames,for boats like mine.
Hermees
h1.jpg

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Well I am not going to point you in the direction of my brother at Penton Hook Marine Sales, nor am I going to send you to a life long friend at Boat Showrooms of London (at Shepperton) as that would be unprofessional...most brokers on the Thames are decent folk and you do have the luxury that if someone is looking for a boat and lives near the Thames nine times out of ten they will visit most if not all brokers between Tedd and Oxford.

She looks a nice boat but I am sure you will agree will take a particular type of owner which is out there but you just have to find it!

All my personal opinion of course but I hope it helps..

Chris_d

Visit site
Val Wyats at Wargrave seem to turnover a few more Traditional boats than the other brokers, although anything large is always tricky.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I really like Hambleden Sales and Charter. More for wooden boats but do all traditional and have excellent service.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like them too, their total inefficiency made me £17,500 last year. Someone went to them to buy a Slipper Launch and got so jerked around they walked out, came to me and bought mine.

No Regrets

Visit site
I have dealt with Thames Boat sales at Reading several times, and found the service to be exemplary.

Originally, as a noob boater, I was given advice, which turned out to be quite accurate and forthcoming, which has continued to this day.

Bought 3 boats, sold one, with the last one up for sale now.

I think most of the Thames brokers seem to be of an acceptable standard, other than the odd to55er which the gentlemen above may bring to your attention... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
To be fair that may have been the seller's fault rather than the brokerage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope! Theirs, they were to busy going to lunch or something to take the customers money.